Another thread. In ear up to 150$ I need help so badly!!
May 3, 2010 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

beacon1993

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I'm now looking for headphones for months and months and I'm not able to decide. My budget is up to $150. Right now I live in the US so Amazon.com would probably the place were I would be the headphones.
My source is an Ipod Touch and Nano 1 gen. 10-15 % of the times I would listen to the music with my PC.

Music: The music I normally listen to is House, Drum and Bass, Top 40's and Jazz. Stuff like Daft Punk etc.
I can't decide with model to get and I did SO MUCH RESREACH but it just makes my decision even harder.
Bass is important but but it shouldn't be overwhelming. Compfort is important as well. I'm not planing on doing any exercise with my in ears.
The headphones I'm using right now are the UE SF5 EB,but I don't like them at all. The comfort is terrible and the music sounds kinda ... boring. Sometimes I fell that there are no hights.

My music is usally coded 256\320 kb per sec.

Here are some models I condsider, I will also put the price behind them.

Fischer Audio Eterna appx. 80 $. Idea from InearMatters.net
Denon ac=c751 appx. 80 $
Westone 1 appx. 140 $
Monster turbine appx. 120 $ or less
Etymotic ER-4P appx. 180$ *MY absolute MAX on budget*
Shure se 210 appx. 100$

Any suggestion?
I'm soooo tired of searching for a pair of headphones. I hope you guys can help me.

May 3, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 11
Off that list, the Turbines.

If $180 is your absolute max, look at the Fischer Audio DBA-02.

Also, the Klipsch X5 are a good pair in your range with excellent comfort and good bass.

May 3, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 11
The question I would ask is how did you find the bass on what you have now and even more specifically the bass quantity on them. They are known around here to have a large amount of bass so that would be good to know since some of the phones you listed will sound like there is no bass compared to those.

May 3, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 11
hm.. I would say that the UE 5 EB .... they sounds so muddy so that the music doesn't sounds clear an defined ...that's why I would rather have less bass and better more "real" sound. I know it is so hard to recommend headphones becuase everybody has personal preferences.

May 3, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 11
TF10Pro, Westone 2, DBA-02, Klipsch Custom 3, image X5, JVC FX500, Panasonic HJE900 and IE7.

May 3, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #8 of 11
The Turbines work surprisingly well with your genres. I would also consider the Panasonic HJE900 and even the Klipsch Custom 3, but only if you don't plan to move around a lot as that cable is a bit annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back