Another swt61 original!
Jun 13, 2007 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RedLeader

Headphoneus Supremus
I've had the stand/accents for awhile, but I was waiting until I got the new headband/pads before I showed the "after" shot. After 6 months of waiting they're finally on their way, but here are the pics of some beautiful work anyways! Steve, you never cease to amaze!

stand1_1.jpg

stand2_1.jpg

stand3_1.jpg

stand5_1.jpg

stand4_1.jpg

Jun 13, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 6
I still can't believe they finally sent me your pads and headband in such a short time frame.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I could have raised the cow, butchered him and made the headband myself quicker, but I'm an animal lover so I relegate the slaughter to others.
tongue.gif
I don't know anything about raising velours, so I guess we had to wait on AKG USA for the pads.
Micah is so patient, he's never once gotten upset, he just goes with the flow. His stand was even customized by the postal service's forklift tires (or something like that), and he just asked me if he could pay me to make him another base. This base turned out even better, so it's all good. You're a good sport Micah! Enjoy it.

Jun 13, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 6
yea, here's that nice forklift custom job

stand6.jpg

In one way it added something. But in another... I feel the whole "stand" aspect of the stand suffered.

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Wow - thats some beautiful work! What kinds of wood were used?

Jun 13, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 6
Walnut and Cocobolo. My first time using this combo, and I really liked it.
I put my best effort into all my stands, but us K340 guys gotta have the schizzle.
340smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by velogreg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice job Steve. You deserve your own section.... Steve's creation (concoction) of the month.
wink.gif

Move this guy to the front of the line, and get him a cold beveridge.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back