another search of Portable cans!
Jul 10, 2003 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xlifez

500+ Head-Fier
hello my fellow headfiers, yet another search! i'm lookin for another headphone, earplug cans..

currently have D66, Mx500, ksc-50

if you are to say get the Portapros *i wish i could find a pair mint* or ksc-35 *
frown.gif
discontinued.*, i'm not interested..

kind of trying to explore other things..

i'm hoping someting under 80 usd..

k thanks!
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
280smile.gif

i was to consider the E888 but i heard not too good things bout em etc.. so try walk away that tooo

Jul 10, 2003 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 5
You've had the good (d66). Save your money until you have a couple of hundred or three... or nine (thought about a source?). Then buy something really good.

Impatience seems to get the better of many. So much so I've had to provide installment payment services to Head-Fi members in the past. Save. Treat yourself.

Jul 10, 2003 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 5
I completely agree with bangraman. For $80 you won't get much better than what you have, just different. Of course there are cans in that range that are better than the D66, but I don't feel that the difference is significant enough to buy one of those cans. I would save up a bit so that you could get some headphones that would truely be better than your current best. Also, as bangraman, think about the source too . . .

Hiker

Jul 10, 2003 at 2:44 PM Post #4 of 5
I can agree with the previous posters, but then again, who wants to wait?!

I suggest the Shure E2. I also have the D66 and find it a quite satisfying headphone. However, the E2 had it beat in several categories.

Comfort - Some say the D66 is very comfortable with its velour earpads. However, I find that after a while it tends to irritate the outside of my ear it. It is also a little warm in hot weather. Once you get used to using the E2s you hardly know they are there.

Isolation - The E2s have the D66 beat hands down in this category. The Eggos are only semi-closed. This makes listening at lower levels much more enjoyable.

Portability - The E2s are quite easy to stow away with or without the nifty supplied case.

Sound - Although not quite as clear in the mids and highs as the Eggos, it provides a more balanced sound. The bass does not seem to get lost as it sometimes does with the D66 and for things like classical music, you don't have to fool around with the volume when the music moves from quiet to loud passages.

Jul 10, 2003 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 5
lol! i had the e2, but they are surely unconferble on my ears.. i guess my ear canals are small?

when you guys say something better than the D66 what are they? we're talkin portable right?

btw my source is a iFP-395T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back