Another "Request" Thread. Bass with Highs
Sep 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #7 of 52
Quote:
Im highly considering the M50's because I hear they have a very "v" shaped sound signature consistantly. Idk. Im still waiting to see what everyone says.

V-shaped is definitely a good description of it.  I think they're a relatively balanced can overall but there's no mistaking the prominence of the bass and treble.

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #9 of 52
Quote:

V-shaped is definitely a good description of it.  I think they're a relatively balanced can overall but there's no mistaking the prominence of the bass and treble.

The M50's have great bass response. They get low and it's fairly accurate. I wouldn't say they have a ton of bass but a little more than the average headphone.  No where near the Sony XB500(quantity not quality) The highs are very nice on the M50's. A tad towards bright but very detailed.

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #11 of 52
Quote:
Can you give me more description into them? Such as if I paired them with an E7 or E17 would the bass be enough to kick pretty hard (quantity) and are the mids really that deal-breaking on them? I'd still like to be able to have decent mids but they are deffiantly behind the low/highs. As far as comfortability? Etc etc

I don't have or have not used an E7 or E17 but have used them with powerful receivers. The bass is very nice and there is plenty of it for me. It's not a basshead earphone meaning it doesn't sound like the bass booster is engaged or eq'ed up. Put in a rap song with good bass and it kicks and kicks good. Put in a song with little bass and it's there, just like it should be. Does that makes sense?

As for the mids I never listen and think 'where are the mids?'. For me they have the perfect amount. For a midrange head there probrably would not be enough. It's not a deep V sound as some have suggested.  The highs are really nice. Very detailed. Some complained about them being too bright but except of one song out of the 100's I have played so far I have not found that to be true-and I am sensitive to brightness.They don't make dull songs bright, they reveal bright songs as they were recorded. The song that was bright was just poorly recorded IMO, as it sounded bright on all 3 of my headphones.   The reproduction of guitar strings is very very good. Out of the 10+ pairs of cans I auditioned in the $200+ range these just smoked them IMO. No brainer for under $115 at Amazon. You can always return them too if they are not to your liking. But give them a week or so to settle. They are only getting better for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back