Another reason why UE is one of the best
Aug 14, 2008 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

lewislink

Banned
It took me a lot of effort obtaining my Triple fis, I traded some very valuable equipment for them and I doubt I will ever have another set as good as these.

I'm seriously grateful for the replaceable cables on these UE phones because, while sleeping, our new kitty, which apparently loves to chew on wires, chewed the left wire of my Triples to death, just below the phone.

I was about to become very ill and throw up when i remembered the cables are replaceable.
smily_headphones1.gif
I now have my new set of...clear... cables and they are good to go.

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 11
are the cables replace-able across all UE products? I'm specifically interested in the Super Fi.5 Pro and EB models.

(41 more posts to go)

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Repooc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the cables replace-able across all UE products? I'm specifically interested in the Super Fi.5 Pro and EB models.

(41 more posts to go)

Well, mostly. All of the Super fis, except the 4s, are replaceable. The Metros, I don't know about.

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 11
awe man! that's fantastic! I didn't even know that. I wish that were true about Ety er6i's too, or I wouldn't be shopping around right now.

(33 more posts to go)

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

awe man! that's fantastic! I didn't even know that. I wish that were true about Ety er6i's too, or I wouldn't be shopping around right now.

(33 more posts to go)

I'd suggest buying soon because, when Logitech takes over, things like user replaceable cables might be a thing of the past because it takes potential revenue from the company. The way most of these big businesses look at it, me replacing my cables instead of having to buy new phones is undesirable. They would rather i forked over the dough for new phones.

Also I'd suggest stocking up on the cables for these phones because those will be among the first things discontinued.

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 11
oh yeah, I totally agree. big companies = big capital.

hence why a lot of these smaller companies often lose their souls and undergound cult-like fanboys in the process.

I'll hopefully make my purchase in the next 2-3 weeks though.

(30 more posts to go)

Aug 14, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 11
Repooc...you're sure the 50 post thing doesn't just apply to advertising an item for sale in FS? I thought any member could PM or express interest in items for sale, but only 50+ posters were allowed to list an item?

Aug 14, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Repooc...you're sure the 50 post thing doesn't just apply to advertising an item for sale in FS? I thought any member could PM or express interest in items for sale, but only 50+ posters were allowed to list an item?

Pretty sure. I just wanted to make a WTB thread. Which I did the exact same thing when I bought my Etys some time ago.

I may try to sell my etys at a discounted price later on, because I'm sure its a quick/easy fix; but I have no intention of doing that now.

All I want to do is buy a new pair of IEMs... its unfortunate I have to somewhat be a post-whore right now. But I can understand where the mods are comming from in making the rule.

Sorry about the thread crap to the OP btw... I was genuinely interested in that UE feature.

(anyways... 18 more posts to go)

Aug 14, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Pretty sure. I just wanted to make a WTB thread. Which I did the exact same thing when I bought my Etys some time ago.

I may try to sell my etys at a discounted price later on, because I'm sure its a quick/easy fix; but I have no intention of doing that now.

All I want to do is buy a new pair of IEMs... its unfortunate I have to somewhat be a post-whore right now. But I can understand where the mods are comming from in making the rule.

Sorry about the thread crap to the OP btw... I was genuinely interested in that UE feature.

(anyways... 18 more posts to go)

Which Etys are you thinking about selling? I'm wanting a set of ER4s.

Aug 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 11
sorry bro.. I have the er6i's.

They may become a back up pair down the road if I decided to fix them. Or I may use them as a trading bargain towards some UE's if someone else once to put time into them. I'm positive the driver is perfectly fine.

(17 more posts to go)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back