another reason why i love dogs..video of a dog saving someone from a bull
Mar 2, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those people don't deserve that dog, and as for the bull, it's just a bull, so I guess this kind of behavior from the people is acceptable. How do these idiots sleep at night? I guess they just go through life in a big fog of Stupid. And as if you didn't need anymore proof, the main offender has a mullet. Case closed.

Haha well said! Can't blame the bull - they were agitating the creature and he's just doing what bulls do, which is get violent (you can imagine in a time before domestication the bulls' job was basically to fight off other bulls from their herd).

But that was a cool dog.

I have a yellow lab female which is of course a sweetheart, even a little shy around other dogs when they bark or anything. But this one time a hobo started getting all belligerent with me in my face, and my dog got really protective out of nowhere and started growling and lunging and everything - I had to pull her back because I thought she would attack this guy! Five minutes later she was a little teddy bear again.

Gotta love dogs...

--Illah

Mar 2, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #18 of 30
it's those little dogs, they are very mean and brave. they'll bear their fangs, and give you the crazy eye sideways even if you are five times the size.

bullfighting is cruel. in fact, i applaud when then bull gores the matador. ole!

Mar 2, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #19 of 30
when hobos attack, dogs are the solution!

honestly, no one in that crowd was a coward- they were just smart enough not to make the body count 2. while i think that they need people at those events trained to handle the bull, you can't blame spectators for not throwing their life away to help some guy they don't even know. i know i wouldn't jump at a raging bull under ANY circumstances, unless i was armed. there's nothing an unarmed human could have done to the bull... our jaws aren't built like that dog's, who was probably bred just for these types of things.

Mar 2, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's those little dogs, they are very mean and brave. they'll bear their fangs, and give you the crazy eye sideways even if you are five times the size.

bullfighting is cruel. in fact, i applaud when then bull gores the matador. ole!

X2.. I'm for the bull too.. I can't believe killing a animal is a sport in Spain..

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #22 of 30
I guess none of you have really thought through what that dog may have been doing there in the first place. Bulldog, Bull Terrier, Bull Mastiff, Pit Bull. Many of those dogs were trained to contain and/or fight bulls. Having a Bull Terrier at a bull fight doesn't seem all that crazy to me? I couldn't see that flying here in the U.S., but then again, it's not my culture and I don't have a right to criticize what they feel is civil. Growing up in a rural community I was around working dogs a lot. I once went on a trip where we moved about 50 cattle off of a mountain down to some loading pens. The dogs were instrumental in that; even if they were in harms way they seemed to appreciate having a purpose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard of Dogs fending off bobcats & bears to protect their owner.. I love dogs & always will.. They are our guardian angels..

Bobcats are only about two and-a-half times the size of a common housecat. The Black bears found in the lower 48 are almost never interested in a conflict. Even a Mountain Lion/Cougar will not stand and fight with more than one dog.

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #24 of 30
Man I want my dog back. I had to move away, but hopefully Ill get to see her in 2 months time
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the dog should have let the bull continue.

Hear hear! You mess with the bull you get the horns, as they say. If a man wants to play sport with a bull, he should take his mauling. The dog should not risk injury for sport. I don't have a problem with bull fighting (too much of a fan of Hemingway) as long as the bull gets a chance to kill the man dumb enough to get in the ring with it.

What a good dog, though! You wouldn't see a cat do that!

Mar 3, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #27 of 30
Quote:

What a good dog, though! You wouldn't see a cat do that!

176910542_4530857693.jpg

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #29 of 30
Dude, I so knew that. I'm just trying to joke around a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back