Another punch me in the Facer - HP2 for 165!!
May 16, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 55
This was a joke auction, wasn't it?
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 55
I'm not sure, it's very strange that the seller says he paid 400USD for those cans, when while they were in production sold at 1400USD. Later he adds he's the original owner... It could be legitimate, who knows, but I think it's more likely a joke by someone "who knows" there are some enthusiasts looking for bargains.
Anyway, I wish I were able to get one of those even at 10x that price
wink.gif

Rgrds

May 16, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 55
Excellent deal!
biggrin.gif

One lucky buyer out there, and a seller who missed out of $1000-1500.

May 16, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 55
Whoever picked it up got it within a whopping 1 minute and 15 seconds of listing.

You just gotta love those people that have absolutely no life, sitting around clicking refresh on ebay every ten seconds.
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 55
Maybe he thought they depreciated alot over time even though can's generally don't lose too much value? He seem to act like he knows the hobby though so... He doe have alot of feedback though, it looks legitimate enough.

May 16, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #12 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool_Torpedo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure, it's very strange that the seller says he paid 400USD for those cans, when while they were in production sold at 1400USD. Later he adds he's the original owner... It could be legitimate, who knows, but I think it's more likely a joke by someone "who knows" there are some enthusiasts looking for bargains.
Anyway, I wish I were able to get one of those even at 10x that price
wink.gif

Rgrds

I believe these originally sold for around $400. So if you haven't kept up with used prices and you're the original owner, it makes sense you might think they're only $165 over 10 years later.

They were selling used for about $600 and then stayed around $1000 for a long time. It wasn't until the PS-1 started to go way up that the HP2 also took a leap.

May 16, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #13 of 55
I contacted the seller of some busted up HP1s a few months ago and asked him to do a BIN ($500 or so) and he set the BIN to be $70 and within 10 seconds they were gone - long before I made it back to buy them.

May 16, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #14 of 55
Best birthday present ever
smily_headphones1.gif

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_06301.jpg

My cat has already gravitated toward them
biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, I never expected to get them because I have been let down more than once with "too good to be true" auctions before. This seller seems to be a really honest person, because I know he got several offers after I bought them

Lettering is almost gone and there are a few minor cosmetic issues, so I assume they were used quite a bit.

How do they sound? The answer is neither of my amps put out enough current to drive these things. The X-Can seems to do a better job, but still not good enough imo. I don't think it's my source either, because my DT880's sound lovely with both CD players.

I will just put them aside for now until I can afford something decent for them.

By the way, I already feel guilty about getting them for so low. I have been searching for a pair of these for years on ebay though, and with some luck caught these the minute they were put up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back