Another potentially interesting ESI card...
Mar 28, 2006 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sgrossklass

Headphoneus Supremus
... namely, the 3rd incarnation of the Maya44, now simply called "Maya44" again:
http://www.egosys.co.kr/esi/php/maya44.php
As its predecessors, it's aimed at the home studio market and uses high-quality but less expensive components - you find an Envy24HT here, two Wolfson WM8776 codecs (up to 192/96 kHz play/rec) replacing the more modest WM8731s on the Mk.II, analog I/Os with TRS jacks (including a mic in with phantom power and a headphone out), and then you have both a coaxial and optical digital out on the card (digital passthrough supported), apparently expansible with MIDI I/O and digital inputs with the MI/ODI/O card.
Current driver: 1.07, as of 2005-10-17
http://www.egosys.co.kr/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=DMAYA44
Availability: A web search turned up some offers. Here in .de, Thomann has the Maya44 for 99€ (Juli@ costs 129€).
My thoughts: This one might be something for the "unamped" crowd looking for a (mechanically) more rugged alternative to "multimedia" cards like the Revo 5.1 or ProDigy 7.1LT.

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 7
Mhmmm, yup, looks like it's worth looking into - did you notice the relay for the headphone amp? Seems like that the headphone section is similar to the Aureon 5.1 Sky/7.1 Space & Universe or old Prodigy 7.1 - just using smd instead of conventional transistors on the output. And I wonder about the type of opamps used - 4580s I'd guess, but who knows...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 21, 2006 at 8:21 AM Post #3 of 7
I have this card. Have been using it for a couple of months. Really great value for money. Headphones output is really useful. I already have a MIDI interface and digital input is not needed either. But I'd go for Juli@ if I didn't need two stereo outputs and a mic pre.
And yes the opamps are all JRC4580. But the relay is not for headphones, it is used to switch line/mic input. The latter is balanced btw.

May 21, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
This isn't better than the juli@, right? (in terms of dacs and opamps)

No, not at all. But it can drive cans directly.

May 21, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 7
Good, just making sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back