Another possible connection between Hornet & iMod
Dec 30, 2007 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Genetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Once upon a time..... (http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/be...-ipods-241311/)

I made a promise to Scrypt and mrarroyo about posting pictures of a leather link between an amp and a YoTank.

I cant believe how long it took before I finally kept my word. ( I have many excuses but I'll keep them fresh for another thread...
tongue.gif
)

So here we are (after almost killing the first artisan in anger for letting me wait too long for what I considered an amateur job...) with pictures.

The main objective is to offer an illustration of what we can have to replace all the strange little wires (or plastic devices) used to keep these together.

P1000027.jpg

P1000025.jpg

P1000024.jpg

P1000026.jpg

P1000023.jpg

P1000018.jpg

Amicalement

Dec 30, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 8
Although VERY innovative and useful, aesthetically, it's horrid.

Also, why would you have a yotank AND a leather case? To protect the yoTank? Why not just slip the iPod into the case and it not be as fat or heavy?

Good idea though...just ugly IMO. Kudos on the custom work though!!!!

Dec 31, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although VERY innovative and useful, aesthetically, it's horrid.

Also, why would you have a yotank AND a leather case? To protect the yoTank? Why not just slip the iPod into the case and it not be as fat or heavy?

LOL....I did not hired the Hermes people for this project....
wink.gif

This is part of the discussion I had with Scrypt about my motivations:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(...)
I'm pretty sure that even Cocteau would find my personal obsession with protecting my gear rather amusing. I have, brace yourself, ordered for my iTank case (and my Hornet/Larocco amps) custom hard leather skins on which the «artisan» will place the usual «velcro». The term overkill is no more helping in my «condition»....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Dec 31, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 8
lol...awesome.

How heavy is that rig? Aesthetically, it's not pleasing, but functionally, it's probably a godsend. Definitly sick, just not my can-o-beans.

Dec 31, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How heavy is that rig?

I could have chosen a lighter ( and more good looking leather ) but the leather cases were made for protecting the gears.

The duo is always in a heavy duty bag so the weight is a minor factor.

Did I mention that I take great care of my toys.....
tongue.gif

Amicalement

Dec 31, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could have chosen a lighter ( and more good looking leather ) but the leather cases were made for protecting the gears.

The duo is always in a heavy duty bag so the weight is a minor factor.

Did I mention that I take great care of my toys.....
tongue.gif

Amicalement

Hi-5 for caring way to much about your equipment...

I'm currently agonizing over which case to pick for my new iPod- keep in mind, I got this iPod for Christmas and it's just sitting in its box because I can't decide which case I want.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did the custom cases run you?

Dec 31, 2007 at 10:57 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_utero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't mind my asking, how much did the custom cases run you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More and more, strains of Head-fi perfectionism feel like new pathologies to be listed in the DSM-V.

That said....the price I paid (around $100) was for one prototype and the final product. The person who did the leather cases spent a few hours on this project.

Other options for your new iPod (I think the Yotank guys are not making a case for the Classic yet and you probably know all about these but anyway but I tried/have both):

Realy effective and with a no nonsense price: contourcase.com | showcase classic

Not that effective and borderline crazy price: Vaja Leather Products

Good shopping.

Amicalement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back