Another player announced.
Oct 12, 2004 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 15
I'm not one for style over substance, but I think that thing ugly.

Scott

Oct 12, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 15
Did Richard Branson really approve that thing?!?

eek.gif

Oct 12, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 15
Thanks for the link to more info. Like the dual headphone jacks but I'll have to agree that the look leaves much to be desired. As for 8 hours of battery life, I'd consider that a major shortcoming. Guess my list hasn't grown after all.
frown.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #6 of 15
That thing is ugly and I have never heard of anything from Virgin Electronics... I see no reason why anyone would want this...
confused.gif

Oct 13, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #8 of 15
Just sold my iPod not two days ago and I'm already debating whether I want one of those Zen Micros.
very_evil_smiley.gif
The Virgin Mobile phone I have has served me well, but who the hell knows how that translates into the audio domain.
eek.gif

Oct 15, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #9 of 15
As far as I know, Virgin Mobile's phones are made by Kyocera and Audovox. Virgin sells a fairly extensive line of portable electronics under their own brand in their Megastores, as well as through Target. They have a uniform, ugly grey design style. On a whim, I picked up a pair of their earbuds, which were among the nastiest sounding I've ever heard - and hard as hell to drive also. I'd be pretty skeptical of any electronics under the Virgin brand until I hear otherwise.

Virign Megastore is, however, one of the best places to find Sennheiser's portable/budget line of headphones.

Oct 15, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #12 of 15
Hm, those small players with a 1" hard disk and 5GB space seem to be all the rage... wouldn't be enough space for me, though. I want to be able to carry all my music around...

The Olympus does look cool, admittedly. But the 500i version seems very gimmicky to me... remix your images? Whatever...

Oct 17, 2004 at 3:05 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by clemens
The Olympus does look cool, admittedly. But the 500i version seems very gimmicky to me... remix your images? Whatever...

Hey, it's not just a player. It's a lifestyle.
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2004 at 10:07 AM Post #14 of 15
Whatever criterion they used to choose the focus group isn't working !!

Even if they sell this thing for around $150, there is no way this is going to dent the iPod Mini sales..

Oct 17, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
Did Richard Branson really approve that thing?!?

It's the same man who is giving away his job to any person who survives his Survivor/Apprentice show, so yes, I'd say he's sufficiently lost his mind to do something on this scale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemens
Hm, those small players with a 1" hard disk and 5GB space seem to be all the rage... wouldn't be enough space for me, though. I want to be able to carry all my music around...

The iPod Mini has been sellin like mad since it's been available, despite a few critics claiming it's a bad value. Of course other companies need to jump on it, it's a good cash making market if they can put some dent in the Mini's sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back