Another noob comparison question
Jan 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mikaveli06

1000+ Head-Fier
  Been doing research on some IEM's.  I have narrowed down to Shure 215's or ETY hf5 (and possibly hifiman 262).  I am looking for detailed sound, usual genre is rap and some RnB, but not necessarily a "basshead".  I do enjoy the bass, but rather have precision and clarity as oppossed to "rumbling or booming".  Im trying to stay at 100 bucks and found both the shures and ety's for that price.  My player is my samsung galaxy Epic 4g, rooted with voodoo sound enhancement controls, and dont want to run an amp with these.  Im leaning to the ety's, does this sound as if it will be what im looking for, maybe a lil boost to the bass in the eq?  Switching my library from mp3 to flac's also, if this makes a difference in my choice, and strongly considering the Shure olive foams for tip replacement.  Thanks in advance.

Jan 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 3
While the Ety's aren't exactly "bass lite", I don't think they will have enough bass for the genres that you listed. If you can stretch your budget, I would get the Sony EX600s. Rap and R&B was quite enjoyable on them, as was all other genres. The only problem the EX600s had was the fit, which was easily achieved after messing with it for awhile. 

Other than that, I can't really give you an answer in the sub-$100 category... Hopefully someone else is able to help you out with that haha XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back