Another Newb Recommendation Thread for a CDP (with a difference)
Feb 15, 2010 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

whoover

New Head-Fier
HI everyone, this is my first foray into the world of HeadFi, and what a deep and complex one it seems from my scanning of these forums!

Oh - before I forget - "Sorry about my own Wallet."
jecklinsmile.gif

I'm after some advice on what CDP to get, so here's a little background info.

I have just got myself a nice new job (yep - it even happens in these hard times!) and I am in the mood to treat myself to a decent set of cans and something to play my CD collection on.

My circumstances are that I want to be able to sit in my family living room and enjoy my music. Now, we have (by choice) a minimilistic decorated house, so my setup would need to be discreetly housed in the corner of the room on the bottom shelf of a piece of furniture that has shelves that are only 250mm x 350mm (WxD). Heighth = not a problem, more than 250mm.

I like any music apart from Rap and Heavy Metal, with a leaning more towards Modern Blues 60s/70s/80s Soul and Funk.

I want to go down the CDP route rather than PC (or Mac as I currently do), a personal choice based on my current CD collection.

I have already (I know, I know - sorry - just couldn't wait!!) ordered Grado SR80i and a Pro-Ject Head Box MKII, they are on the way.

As for Budget - well I said I wanted to treat myself, and I'd like to make this difficult for you guys, so.... What about two recommendations, one for bewteen 150-250 GBP and one for over 250 GBP.

So, to summarize - based on my available space of 25x35 and my musical tastes and the budgets, what CPD would you all recommomend?

(Save me from making a foolish mistake - I'm already eyeing a new Pro-Ject CD SE in the shops at 445 GBP!!!) (NOTE: I'm not saying the Pro-Ject CDP is bad, I just don't now if it would be a bad CHOICE bearing in mind price and what I've already ordered)

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back