Another newb looking for recommendations
Dec 4, 2007 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

natural_nut

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all
biggrin.gif

I'm quite new to this forum, although I've been reading the topics here for quite some time. Then I wanted to get a pair of cans, and went through the Grados, Alessandros, some beyers, plenty of Senns and plenty more that I can't think of at the moment. Then last Saturday I got a pair of Denon AH-C700s, and am loving them!

But this being head-fi, I got bit by the impulse-purchase bug and now am looking for a complement to the Denons. I'm open to all types, except canalphones and buds. I'm leaning more to a pair of clip-ons now, although they are perhaps quite ugly...

I was looking at the Audio Technica ATH-EW9, partly due to its beautiful structure.

Budget is $150, music that I usually listen to is jazz, rock, classical, R&B and the occassional pop song.

Any recommendations are welcome, and wanted
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyoel182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 75s are a great set of cheap clip ons, but he'll get better sound out of something like a Grado SR60 or 80.

Hey thanks for the replies!

But honestly I didn't really like the SR60s, SR80s or Alessandro MS-1s. I went up all the way to an amped MSPro; now those I like. But I still find it hard to justify it at that price, me being new to this and all.

I was thinking of getting the 75s, but I reckon I'd only like them after I mod them, recable them etc.

Any other recommendations?
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by natural_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey thanks for the replies!

But honestly I didn't really like the SR60s, SR80s or Alessandro MS-1s. I went up all the way to an amped MSPro; now those I like. But I still find it hard to justify it at that price, me being new to this and all.

I was thinking of getting the 75s, but I reckon I'd only like them after I mod them, recable them etc.

Any other recommendations?
biggrin.gif

Bumpity-bump, any other ideas?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back