Another Netherlands meet?
Jul 10, 2006 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

digitalmind

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I know there's been a recent one -- but I missed that mainly due to my little knowledge about headphones at the time.

Anyways, I was wondering if there is interest for another meet in Holland. I'm located in Nieuw Vennep, which is between Amsterdam and Leiden. I think I could take some, if not a large, part in organising this and getting room arrangements, etc. If interest is little and it'd be a small meet, I think it could be held at my house. There's a decent sized workshop behind the house that could be cleaned a bit. I'm moving to Germany around August 21st, so it'd have to be pretty soon.
smily_headphones1.gif

If it happens, I could bring the following:

Source:
Nad C521i
Firestone FUBAR usb dac

Amps:
Mapletree Ear+ HD
Eddie Current EC-01
Firestone Cute Beyond

Headphones:
Grado RS-1 (flats + bowls)
Beyer DT770/250
Sennheiser HD-580
Shure E4c with a bunch of foamies.

Let's see if there's some interest first though.

Rik

EDIT
It can be held at my place, if not too many (say sub 10?) people show up. That's in Nieuw Vennep, between Amsterdam and Leiden.

Sunday, Juli 30th? Arielext, Blackmore, and me are fine with that.

Jul 17, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #5 of 42
That makes 2 to 4 people interested so far. If it doesn't get much larger than that, it can easily be held at my house. Any ideas for a date yet? Best thing for me would be between the 22nd and the 12th, as my parents will be on vacation and the house will be empty.

Jul 17, 2006 at 9:04 AM Post #6 of 42
Hi!

Could be interested, but don't much free time. I work in Amsterdam, but live in Rotterdam, so you could imagine how much free time I've got. Also, I've just planned my holiday in August.

Let me know when the meet is and I'll see if I can make it! I could bring the following:

Cans:
Grado HF-1
Audio-Technica A900LTD
Shure E4C
Koss KSC75
Grado SR60

Amps:
Little Dot III+
Corda HeadFive
RSA Hornet

DAC:
Zhaolu DAC 1.3

The Shure E4C and RSA Hornet are still to come, but should arrive before the meet. The E4C have already been shipped, I expect the Hornet to be shipped today or tomorrow!

Greetings,
Hon-Cheung

Jul 18, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #11 of 42
Ahh - a meet in the Netherlands and I am on holiday till August the 14th. What a pain!
frown.gif

digitalmind, you've got a PM.

Jul 19, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #13 of 42
Fridays will be pretty difficult to bring my gear, coz I can't take everything to my work and then to Rik's place. And traveling from Rotterdam-Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Nieuw Vennep doesn't sound like a nice thing to do when it's 35 degrees!

Sunday is a possibility, but I'm going on holiday to Hong Kong the 31st of July for 3 and a half weeks!
cool.gif
Headphone shopping!

Dammit... Would want to join, but don't think I can make it this time!
frown.gif

Jul 19, 2006 at 9:08 AM Post #15 of 42
I don't think so, coz I'll be taking the early flight and will be sitting in the plane for 12 hours...
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind
I don't suppose the 30th would be a handy date then, if you leave the next day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back