Another Need Help Picking out New IEMs or Ear Buds
Jan 16, 2008 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

TheLegend

New Head-Fier
Well I've actually been pretty happy about my im716, cept for a couple things like finding replacement filters, the microphonics, and my ipod has difficulty driving it.

Anyways I need a new set of IEMs/Ear Buds for working out. They don't have to have super awesome sound quality, but decent enough for around $100 or less. I'd like to have no microphonics or considerably less than my im716s. Keep in mind these will be going to the gym with me almost everyday, I'll be lifting and running so durability would be nice as well. Thanks in advance guys.

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 7
UM1 is the king of comfort and design for ~$100. You should have no problems lifting and running in them and microphonics are very good for an IEM.

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UM1 is the king of comfort and design for ~$100. You should have no problems lifting and running in them and microphonics are very good for an IEM.

Agreed, and they sound fantastic with the tips they come with, but I used them with Shure Olives and it was the best comfort ever!

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great, I'll look into picking up a pair. Do you think it's worth getting the UM2s

I used the UM2 for the longest time (just sold them last week) and personally, I think you're better off just starting with the UM1s right now. The UM2s sound quite different and I'm not sure I can justify recommending you to spend an extra $200 for them.

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used the UM2 for the longest time (just sold them last week) and personally, I think you're better off just starting with the UM1s right now. The UM2s sound quite different and I'm not sure I can justify recommending you to spend an extra $200 for them.

Besides, start small! You might want to get into customs or something later on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back