Another n00b audiophile saying Hullo!
Nov 18, 2011 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

buckles

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

Couldn't find a new user post area so I hope i'm not posting in the wrong area :) 

It started off with one purchase (Alessandro MS1i's) and has quickly become somewhat of an addiction.. 

I concluded my Sony Cans weren't cut out for handling my electronic drum kit with Music in Aux coming through at the same time and started doing some research on what could handle everything coming through in unison. Whether I made the right choice or not, I don't know but I got the MS1i's and quickly discovered how amazing they were at their price point with everything. 
Bitten by the bug, I bought a small amp (CMoy by BSG) and now, a set of MS-Pros...thanks to this site for their reviews.

Next on the to buy list is going to be a Pico or Schiit Asgard I think...also some Sennheiser HD414's as these were the first headphones I heard Vinyl music on as a Kid. I never knew what they were until I came here! I broke Dad's so I figure I owe him a pair, as well as myself, for sentimental reasons :) 

There's so many makes I didn't even know existed outside of the big German and Japanese brands. It's been a great learning experience. 

I'm also an avid Gamer/Car nut. Heaven help me...i've picked some expensive hobbies. 
ph34r.gif

Glad to be here and looking forward to getting involved! 

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #2 of 3
If you've got a hole in your wallet mentality already you'll love it here. 

I've only ever been into expensive hobbies since I was young. DJing, Photography, Head-fi, Gaming. 

Those have been my big 4. Lately Head-fi (and Hi-Fi in general, ugh speakers) has been taking precedence over everything else because of my new living situation. 

I'm sure we'll see you around. You never really leave this place. :D

Quote:
Hey all,

Couldn't find a new user post area so I hope i'm not posting in the wrong area :) 

It started off with one purchase (Alessandro MS1i's) and has quickly become somewhat of an addiction.. 

I concluded my Sony Cans weren't cut out for handling my electronic drum kit with Music in Aux coming through at the same time and started doing some research on what could handle everything coming through in unison. Whether I made the right choice or not, I don't know but I got the MS1i's and quickly discovered how amazing they were at their price point with everything. 
Bitten by the bug, I bought a small amp (CMoy by BSG) and now, a set of MS-Pros...thanks to this site for their reviews.

Next on the to buy list is going to be a Pico or Schiit Asgard I think...also some Sennheiser HD414's as these were the first headphones I heard Vinyl music on as a Kid. I never knew what they were until I came here! I broke Dad's so I figure I owe him a pair, as well as myself, for sentimental reasons :) 

There's so many makes I didn't even know existed outside of the big German and Japanese brands. It's been a great learning experience. 

I'm also an avid Gamer/Car nut. Heaven help me...i've picked some expensive hobbies. 
ph34r.gif

Glad to be here and looking forward to getting involved! 

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
If you've got a hole in your wallet mentality already you'll love it here. 

I've only ever been into expensive hobbies since I was young. DJing, Photography, Head-fi, Gaming. 

Those have been my big 4. Lately Head-fi (and Hi-Fi in general, ugh speakers) has been taking precedence over everything else because of my new living situation. 

I'm sure we'll see you around. You never really leave this place. :D

hehe, indeed. Burnt through the wallet :p 

Nice- I always wanted to get into photography..I eye of my friends 5D. Yum. 

Speakers huh, thats something I've noticed. quite a few people have massive speaker set ups here. I'm not game to head down that road lol. 

You're right, I dont think I'm ever leaving here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back