Another Ministry album?
Mar 29, 2006 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
"Rio Grande Blood"...coming out on the 2nd of May.
I happen to love Ministry; these guys are averaging almost an album a year over the past couple of years.
The way it should be...

Mar 29, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 7
According to Al Jourgensen himself (on VH1 Classic about 2 months back), there's one more album after Rio Grande Blood (and one more tour to go along with it). Then, no more Ministry. Hopefully they'll go out on top.

Mar 29, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
According to Al Jourgensen himself (on VH1 Classic about 2 months back), there's one more album after Rio Grande Blood (and one more tour to go along with it). Then, no more Ministry. Hopefully they'll go out on top.

They're coming through this summer w/ RevCo. I'm thinking I really should catch this one, even though I haven't listened to any Ministry since PSALM 69. Sounds like it could turn out to be quite a show, esp. if it's their last tour.

I lost my soul.. to the LOOK IN YOUR EYES!!!

evil_smiley.gif

-jar

Mar 29, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
According to Al Jourgensen himself (on VH1 Classic about 2 months back), there's one more album after Rio Grande Blood (and one more tour to go along with it

I've read this from Jourgensen before when Ministry was fighting with Sire. My inclination is to write it off as "talk", or maybe that is my hope. *fingers crossed*

Mar 29, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar
They're coming through this summer w/ RevCo. I'm thinking I really should catch this one, even though I haven't listened to any Ministry since PSALM 69. Sounds like it could turn out to be quite a show, esp. if it's their last tour.

I lost my soul.. to the LOOK IN YOUR EYES!!!

evil_smiley.gif

-jar

I saw them once, about 7-8 yrs back at Roseland in NYC. Phenomenal show.
Wasnt too impressed with Houses of the Mole; hope this new album is better.

Mar 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
I saw them once, about 7-8 yrs back at Roseland in NYC. Phenomenal show.
Wasnt too impressed with Houses of the Mole; hope this new album is better.

I was living in Chicago from 1979-92 and have seen Ministry live countless times, even seen the earlier Jourgensen group "Special Affect" (with Frankie of Thrill Kill Kult) perform in dive bars. Lived very close to original Wax Trax record store on Lincoln Ave which was great place to hang, hear new music and meet future music artists.

I will probably get the new album since I thought last CD "mole" was best work since Rape - Psalm 69 glory days

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
I was living in Chicago from 1979-92 and have seen Ministry live countless times, even seen the earlier Jourgensen group "Special Affect" (with Frankie of Thrill Kill Kult) perform in dive bars. Lived very close to original Wax Trax record store on Lincoln Ave which was great place to hang, hear new music and meet future music artists.

I will probably get the new album since I thought last CD "mole" was best work since Rape - Psalm 69 glory days

I almost went to DePaul for college (would have been '88 to '92), but ended up in Cleveland instead. While I had a great time in Cleveland (hey we had NIN), I can only imagine what it would have been like in Chicago during that period..

-jar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back