Another iTunes duplicates nightmare ...
Jul 11, 2008 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
I was having this trouble of too many duplicates in iTunes. So I decided to erase the existing iTunes library files and re-import them into iTunes. Strangely, it is seemingly creating duplicates out of nowhere. I only rip entire albums. So let's say in my music directory of MP3's I have ONE COPY of Abbey Road. After the import of my music directory (ALL MY albums are in ONE directory), Abbey Road shows up TWICE in iTunes. What?
mad.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 4
johnnylexus, search the Web for iTunes duplicate removal help. At some point some time ago I had a huge duplicates issue. If I recall correctly, I found a script that someone came up with that I ran to remove the duplicates, and it worked. It took quite a while to run, but it worked.

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 4
I was having this trouble of too many duplicates in iTunes. So I decided to erase the existing iTunes library files and re-import them into iTunes. Strangely, it is seemingly creating duplicates out of nowhere. I only rip entire albums. So let's say in my music directory of MP3's I have ONE COPY of Abbey Road. After the import of my music directory (ALL MY albums are in ONE directory), Abbey Road shows up TWICE in iTunes. What?
mad.gif

I'm having the same issue.... Someone at Apple is completely incompetent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back