another iPhone thread, Klipsch X10 or Etymotic HF2?
Sep 8, 2008 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pieeetr

New Head-Fier
I'm really struggling here.. I've read so many threads on the web about head phones to the iPhone but yet I can't decide. I'm going to use them everyday, in the subway, at work, aeroplane etc
smily_headphones1.gif

Klipsch X10
Pros:
-I've tried the X10 for a few minutes and I really liked what I heard.
-Nice bass, mid and treble.. it really felt like a IEM that will not fatigue my ears..

Cons:
-They are more expensive than what I planned to spend.
-Since I'll have to use an adapter to get myself a mic, it will probably make the cable very long, I'm afraid that I cant bear with a 2m long cable hanging down my neck.

Etymotic HF2
Pros
-They have a built in mic making them very suitable for the iPhone.
-Supposed to have very nice high and mids.
-Very nice isolation
-cheaper than the klipsch

Cons
-Have not had a chance to listen to them yet
-From what I've read, they don't have that much bass "umpfh".. I'm not a bass freak, but I think I'll dislike head phones that are too low on the bass
-Seems to be somwhat difficult to insert

---

So, what are your suggestions? Are there any adapters that will make the Klipsch feel light and not so clumsy? Compared to the Klipsch, will the HF2 sound very light on the bass?

Any ideas?

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 9
I'd suggest the X10s and a simple shirt clip. I use a small, metal alligator clip because the plastic earphone-specific clips just don't hold well enough and keep coming un-clipped.

If you use a clip, this will keep the weight of the cord from pulling your phones out and such.

Sep 9, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 9
I agree with Lewislink, I own both the X10s and the ETYs, and prefer the X10s for their better sound quality and comfort, now for you, you have to decide what is more important, the ability and convenience of having the mic and the play, pause and skip function.

For me it was the comfort and sound quality that won me over, I have only used the ETYs once since getting the X10s, and that was only to compare them side by side.

Sep 9, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #6 of 9
i haven't tried the sa6. My solution to your problem was to buy the denon 751 and use the Shure MPA (music phone adapter).

Jays of sweden also makes the M-jays mic adapter. THis will give you a lot more options about what headphones to use.

Hope that helps.

Dec 28, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #9 of 9
Can the X10 cables be removed and replaced with a Griffin Tunebud Mobile cable? How easy would it be to remove the aluminium part of the earphone from the plastic part to modify with an iPhone type mic cable (with solder)?

It would be interesting to know if a mod can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back