Another impedance matching question ( yes I searched )
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cpetrillo

100+ Head-Fier
Ok I'm hopelessly confused on this subject and searching for an answer just made it worse. I have a Beyer A2 amp that i set to 100 ohms for my 600 ohm T1's. I think im supposed to set it to 0 ohms for my 70 ohm Audeze LCD-2C phones. Is that correct or should i be leaving it at 100 ohms?

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 4
Ok I'm hopelessly confused on this subject and searching for an answer just made it worse. I have a Beyer A2 amp that i set to 100 ohms for my 600 ohm T1's. I think im supposed to set it to 0 ohms for my 70 ohm Audeze LCD-2C phones. Is that correct or should i be leaving it at 100 ohms?

Try both and see if you hear a difference. Planar Magnetic headphones are less affected by output impedance than dynamic drivers.

You won't damage anything either way, and the T1's will still sound great with it set at 0 Ohms.

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 4
Try both and see if you hear a difference. Planar Magnetic headphones are less affected by output impedance than dynamic drivers.

You won't damage anything either way, and the T1's will still sound great with it set at 0 Ohms.
I have tried both. 100 ohms seems a little bright but not irritating. 0 ohms seems to add a little more bass but the treble doesn't seem as smooth or maybe they sound the same and I'm making the hole thing up, I don't know anymore!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #4 of 4
I have tried both. 100 ohms seems a little bright but not irritating. 0 ohms seems to add a little more bass but the treble doesn't seem as smooth or maybe they sound the same and I'm making the hole thing up, I don't know anymore!

Just go with whatever you prefer and leave it that way :wink: this whole audio thing is all subjective so find what you like and don't worry about what others say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back