another "i need a new headset" thread
Jun 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Azenis

New Head-Fier
So i just accidently broke my in ear nokia headset (standard with lumia 920) which was decent in terms of bass and quality.

and now I'm looking for a full size, for "relaxing" with my music.

it must have some sort of noise cancelling.
and comfortable is of high priority, I already own a steel series Siberia v2 (for gaming use only) while they do it good they are not very comfortable and tend to get sweaty in the long run.

besides that I own a creative headset which just feels like plastic and is uber crap.

mom owns a Bose ae2 those have a good natural sound quality and good noise cancelation but the bass is weak.

my music taste is rock, dance, trance, pop and rap.

and because i don't just wanna run out and waste money on the first and "best" beats, Bose, libratone, I would really like some opinions on headsets that will fit my needs.

have looked at audio technical he(something I can't remember at writing moment) that should be good but to me they look kinda heavy.

and I'm a design freak must look good to.

I have a budget of $175

thanks in advance

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 11
Audio Technica ATH-A900X (closed) headphones
Digbuy is selling them for $154,99, plus tax & shipping.
I paid $256 for mine.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 11
Read a review of them here, while they sound to be comfortable and hood quality I have a few concerns about those, isolation its mentioned they don't isolate perfectly, I know this is not a huge issue but to what extens to they not isolate.

and also its mentioned they are good for indoor listening, I do travel quite a bit and is therefore is at least as much outdoor while listening to music as in indoor listening.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 11
Can't really say how good the A900Xs isolate outside, as I only use them inside.
but the A900Xs going to be about the best sounding headphone in your price range.
and as they are only around 40-Ohm, will work plugged into anything.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #5 of 11
Can't really say how good the A900Xs isolate outside, as I only use them inside.
but the A900Xs going to be about the best sounding headphone in your price range.
and as they are only around 40-Ohm, will work plugged into anything.

will wait and see what other people can recommend, I don't want to rush buy anything

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #7 of 11
Yeah, A900 (or all ATH A-W range) are BIG headphone even for fullsize standard. Wouldn't want to use it outside or for traveling.

I'd also be worried about damaging the wing system if trying to pack them away for traveling.

Great for at home headphones, though.

Jun 23, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #11 of 11
a900 for sure. The price you can pick that up on buydig right now is a steal. Trust me when I say that it will be very difficult to find anything better at that price point. I use to own the standard A900, not the new X variety. I paid 240 for mine. By far the best cans I've ever owned. Using a Sennheiser HD555 atm, more base, but I prefer the treble and highs of the A900...

Definitely pick it up man, you will not regret your purchase ^_^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back