Another Hurricane??!!
Sep 13, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #31 of 42
Here's a very impressive NOAA photo of Hurricane Ivan. I'll warn you...it takes time to load.

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...204-1745zc.jpg

That's one of the best NOAA photos I've seen!
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 4:21 PM Post #32 of 42
Pensacola right now is extremely close to the forecast path of Ivan's eye. I'm packing as much as I can tonight and leaving tomorrow with some friends. If Ivan hits nearby Pensacola with cat 4+ strength, I think the apartment I'm renting won't do very well (2nd floor in a 2 floor wooden building, surrounded by trees).

Sep 13, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Pensacola right now is extremely close to the forecast path of Ivan's eye. I'm packing as much as I can tonight and leaving tomorrow with some friends. If Ivan hits nearby Pensacola with cat 4+ strength, I think the apartment I'm renting won't do very well (2nd floor in a 2 floor wooden building, surrounded by trees).

Raul, good luck. I guess you should head east and south to stay out of the way.

Sep 13, 2004 at 5:43 PM Post #36 of 42
Good luck Raul!!!!

You are making the right decision: YOU ARE LEAVING THE AREA! Right now, the waters in the Gulf are very warm. Therefore, Ivan can make landfall in the FL Panhandle as a strong Cat-4 hurricane.

Indiana sounds nice and safe!
biggrin.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 5:47 PM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Thanks Tyrion! Actually current plan is to go to Indiana, but we still have to talk about it a bit more.

Talk about running for the hills. I guess you'll be safe in Indiana. Grab your gear and run.

Sep 14, 2004 at 4:24 PM Post #39 of 42
Change of plans, in the end we decided to come to Tallahassee, FL, which is where I'm writing form. Just about 240 miles from were the eye is expected to hit. We might still go further to Jacksonville, but so far it seems we'll be safe under the outer-most skirts of the monster, if it moves North-Eastward we keep moving. New Orleans is a city that should be evacuating I think.

Sep 17, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #42 of 42
Just read in the newspaper that Pensacola was hit pretty hard by Ivan.. I hope Raul's friends, neighbors and personal property made it through with minimum damage..

Raul, please give us a buzz when you can..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back