Another HF-1 stolen (#14)
Sep 26, 2006 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

kryss

Head-Fier
Couple of nights ago someone entered into my hose thru an unlocked (my mistake
frown.gif
) walkout basement door and along with two cell phones and he took my HF-1 #14 headphones. I bet he was a young guy, in a hurry, looking just for some cash and small items: the headphones were in my home theater room with equipment worth more than 7Ks and he got just the hf1’s and a Rocky DVD movie?!? Most likely he does not know the value of them and btw they were plugged into a portable amp, and he did not take the amp and in the same room there were a pair of hd580, too.

I had the HF-1 for less than two months and I REALLY loved them so please if you see them for sale on ebay or here please let me know.

Sep 26, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 27
Oh God, as soon as I saw the title, I just cringed and moaned at this loss.

Sorry to hear this. That's why you need Home Alone traps around your house every now and then.

Hope you recover them.
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #4 of 27
Someone should start a poll as to which are the most frequently stolen headphones. I bet those friggen Tri-ports would be near the top. With the HF-1's bringing up the rear.

Sep 26, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #5 of 27
Im buying som triports and V700s and laying them around the house... No way some dumb thief would take a junky looking grado over either of those.

We feel your pain brother grado woodhead
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #7 of 27
Ouch. Sorry to hear that man. How much are HF-1 worth these days anyway? 600+? :/

I'll keep an eye out on Ebay for you too.

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #8 of 27
A thought just occured to me. What if he Googles "HF-1" and lands here...
blink.gif

EDIT: Woah, the time-warp happened to me now...I should be ahead of Jahn's post.

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #9 of 27
oh man, really sorry to hear that. if that kid ever bothers to put them up on ebay, we'll be on that like a pack of hyenas and reclaim them!

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #10 of 27
oh man... i feel for you. should we have a side thread to keep head-fier aware of the stolen HF-1s? so far i've seen two stolen HF-1s where the owner posted for our awareness.

Sep 26, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyKarma
oh my that's awful
frown.gif
i'll keep an eye out on ebay for ya.

x2

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren
oh man... i feel for you. should we have a side thread to keep head-fier aware of the stolen HF-1s? so far i've seen two stolen HF-1s where the owner posted for our awareness.

I was thinking this as I read the posts . . . . perhaps other cans and amps, as long as they have serial numbers.
I hope you filed a Police report. While it may be unlikely, perhaps they will be recovered.

Sep 26, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #15 of 27
No sweat!
biggrin.gif

File a police report, and then file a claim with your homeowners insurance carrier. The insurance will cut you a check for "replacement cost."

Since these were a limited production run and are no longer available new, you can demonstrate "market value" by providing some auction price data.

You will probably end up with ~$500 cash to plough back into your gear. Maybe you'll end up with some new RS-2...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back