Another "help me" thread.
Mar 11, 2006 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Tasty

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a set of 2.1 desktop speakers around the $100-$150 range for general music listening, and I practically had my eye on the Logitech z2300 until curiosity made me check it out via the "search forum" button. Of course, I came across a single thread which made me change my mind.

Well, if I were going to exploit my money to it's fullest, which manufacturor's speakers within that kind of price range would provide me decent sound?

I was of course considering the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 thanks to favourable opinion (well, as favourable as they get), but because I'm down in Australia, shipping would push me painfully past my budget. Unfortunately, I'll have to look to the usual suspects, namely, Creative, Altec and Logitech for my needs for now.

Any advice would be most appreciated.. my current JBL Creature II (yes I know... and I still regret buying them...) speakers are causing me much displeasure.

Thanks!

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasty
I'm looking for a set of 2.1 desktop speakers around the $100-$150 range for general music listening, and I practically had my eye on the Logitech z2300 until curiosity made me check it out via the "search forum" button. Of course, I came across a single thread which made me change my mind.

Maybe that thread was posted by me.
very_evil_smiley.gif
I am using a set of Monsoon (see my sig), and after trying the Logitech Z2300 and returned them the next day, I do not have the courage to try another set of multimedia speakers.

Among multimedia 2.1s, I've heard some good things of Altec Lansing's MX5021. Many people say they're very good for music. It's within your price range too. On the first batch though, people reported hearing hiss coming out of the speakers. I haven't read recent updates on this issue though, so I don't know if it's been fixed in the next batch or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back