Another help me empty my wallet topic, Sennheiser user here
Jan 21, 2018 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

photek

100+ Head-Fier
My wallet has been getting too PHAT lately, need to throw my money away on things I dont need. lol. I have my HD650 which is my favorite amped headphone for hi-res audio, I actually listen to everything with it. But its just too power hungry for some applications

I might mention I do like the Sennheiser veiled top end, I own the vmoda m100 and I love them but they are uncomfortable for me even with XL pads. I own grados sr60 and too bright for me.

Does the HD650 have a less power hungry little brother in the Sennheiser family?

I have the HD555 modded to 595, but it kinda lacks on the low end for me. The headphone I'm looking for is for mp3 music, mainly pop, but I dont care about artificial bass headphones. I know nothing about the newer Sennheiser family, and their website doesnt give too much info. Saw the new HD660 S but I'm not spending 500 for that. I'm looking for under $300, 50ohms or less, easy to drive I mean.

Thought about the HD598, but maybe the HD599 might be worth an extra $50

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 4
I was set on the HD660 being perfect for you, but then I say your budget and realized it wouldn't work (obviously). Tell me what you think of the 598 closed. Curious to see if it fits the bill for above mentioned tastes.

Also btw you made me laugh with you talking about your wallet getting too PHAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back