Another Help Me decide Thread (Under $150)
Mar 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Icaarus

New Head-Fier
It is now time to pick up another set of earphones. In the past I have owned the following: Shure E2C, SE210, Ultimate Ears 3, and Sleek SA6. I listen to mostly contry and jazz (yea a contradiction). I am looking for something around $150 CAD, willing to order through the internet. In ear with good isolation is a must as I will be using these mostly for commuting. I have yet to build myself an amp so these are being plugged straight into an Ipod Classic. Most of my tracks are lossless with a fair amount of treble (something I find the SE210 a little lacking in). I was pondering the Custom-1s, Custom-2s, the new Klipschs, or the UM-1s. WHat about old standbys like the ER6s

Size is also a minor issue, nothing larger than about the SE210s I don't think.

What does everyone here think.

P. S. I wear glasses, if that makes a difference

Mar 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 12
If you want treble, try the q-Jays. They've got the most emphasized, clearest treble I've ever heard. Ultra-comfortable, super small, great isolation, and their bass is kickin' too. The treble was a bit much for me, as I experienced some sibilance with them; your experience might be different.

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #5 of 12
well i really like the custom 1 and the custom 2 but for highs neither are spectacular at them, not that they are terrible the 2 isnt all that bad at all. but assuming you have treble boosted and still had no luck then i would think the er6i would be a good bet for you

Mar 12, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 12
Phonak PFE. I like them in every way over my se-210

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 12
X2 on the Phonak PFE.

Mar 13, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #8 of 12
@FYU - I love the sound of My SA6's but after 2 sets of wires, and 4 ear pieces I am finding them to be too much work. I will keep them around for at my desk/backup but would like something a little more resilient.

About the PFE's, I have read a couple of reviews stating that they weren't the most comfortable how to you owners find them.

Mar 13, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 12
I would also suggest the Phonak Audeo Pfe I currently still own my Shure210's. The Phonak's win hands-down.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icaarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@FYU - I love the sound of My SA6's but after 2 sets of wires, and 4 ear pieces I am finding them to be too much work. I will keep them around for at my desk/backup but would like something a little more resilient.

About the PFE's, I have read a couple of reviews stating that they weren't the most comfortable how to you owners find them.

ah, the SA6 durability issues.

the phonaks fit perfectly fine for me. I think if you have large ears where the entrance to the ear canal is really deep it may be a problem. But then again there a few problems with the phonak build too.

The ER6s have very good isolation. But not sure if they are really what you want. Good Highs, and Mids but low on bass. But since they are so cheap they wouldn't be a big mistake.

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #11 of 12
X3 PFE
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #12 of 12
The phonaks are very comfortable, i don't know where you could have read that haha.
However, if you liked the sound of the SA6 you might want to try another dynamic IEM, possibly the Monster Turbines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back