New Head-Fier
I cannot decide between the

Amperior

D2000

PSBM4U2

HD600

DT 990

PRO 750

I think that I would be happy with any of them.
These will be worn at high school, probably in the hallways, but not as much for home use, I have some good cans at home already. The music I listen varies from Kid Ink to Meshugga to Daft Punk to Leo Kottke, so I don't really think that'll be a contributing factor. I could go higher in price, but I REALLY wouldn't feel comfortable bringing headphones above $400-500 to school or to wear on the street.

Literally almost every kid at my high school has a pair of beats they lick before they go to bed, I want something that'll smash them (though any listed will, I'm sure.)

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 16
Heya,

The black/grey PRO 750 would be the one I would suggest. Based on being portable and being used in an environment full of ... well, high schoolers. They will survive longer, look exquisite, and actually sound good. Detachable and replaceable cable makes it live longer through your mishaps.

Very best,

Sep 11, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 16
How would the audio quality be though? I have my HD800s at home, but I would NEVER take them to any high school. Also, I miss bass that feels like you are standing in front of a subwoofer.

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 16
The sound quality will be good.  The question is will the PRO750's tonal balance be to your liking?  What genres of music do you primarily listen to? Also, do you really want open headphones in a noisy environment such as your high school?

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 16
HD600 is open so not suitable for public places while DT990 are bright sometimes harsh but if if you want something looking like Beats but sounds way way better and isolates very well get D600

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
Not something looking like beats, just some that I can let some of my friends that have beats try out and open up their minds a bit.

Heya,

I highly recommend you focus on simply getting something you will enjoy. Kids with their beats are going to only think their beats are awesome, because they're expensive and trendy. Surely nothing can be better. Just let people with beats enjoy their beats. Audio should be about what you like to hear. Try and let go of the social/fashion aspect of headphones in highschool and move on to simply being someone who likes music and wants a high quality headphone to render it with, and not just a toy. Don't use it as a means to "spread awareness" or "be a beats beater." You're going to be disappointed and frustrated when kids are like "these beats have more bass, yo, they're so sick, so dope, you should have gotten Pro's like me."

If you really want to impress a Beats owner. Do a drop test. You both drop your headphones from head height. The beats will not survive. The Ultraones/Beyers will. Hopefully Mommy bought them a warranty from Best Buy where they got them.

Very best,

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
How would the audio quality be though? I have my HD800s at home, but I would NEVER take them to any high school. Also, I miss bass that feels like you are standing in front of a subwoofer.

Impressive. How old are you? it seems like some kids have nice gear at home. 
wink.gif

Add the Pro900 to the list, they are more bassy than the 750's but they also cost more. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #9 of 16
Sep 12, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #10 of 16
the music maniac line of the denons will suit well, great sound quality with tremendous bass and detachable cables and durable build quality. but if you insist on one of the headphones you listed then thumbs up for D2k, you need to cross out the HD600 and DT990 cause they're open which means everyone will know what you're listening to and add the AKG 550 to the list as well.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #11 of 16
the music maniac line of the denons will suit well, great sound quality with tremendous bass and detachable cables and durable build quality. but if you insist on one of the headphones you listed then thumbs up for D2k, you need to cross out the HD600 and DT990 cause they're open which means everyone will know what you're listening to and add the AKG 550 to the list as well.

That's two for the music maniacs... are they good for all types of music or just bass heavy? I love dubstep so I suppose they'll be great for that, but also classical, jazz, heavy metal, etc...

FYI, the only music genre I'm not too fond of is country - the only country music I really like is Johnny Cash, the rest bores me. Nearly all other genres will be used on whatever cans I get though.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #13 of 16
One last thing then... it looks like the 7100 is getting pretty bad reviews, is it the same with the 600s? All reviews I've seen so far have been people that say they're great, but looking at the response from the 7100, I don't know.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:
One last thing then... it looks like the 7100 is getting pretty bad reviews, is it the same with the 600s? All reviews I've seen so far have been people that say they're great, but looking at the response from the 7100, I don't know.

D7100 cost more than twice more than D600 and people saying that sound quality difference not worth that much more increase in price so D7100 are overpriced plus you can find much better sounding headphones for the same money D7100 cost that's why reviews about D7100 are so negative.

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
That's two for the music maniacs... are they good for all types of music or just bass heavy? I love dubstep so I suppose they'll be great for that, but also classical, jazz, heavy metal, etc...
FYI, the only music genre I'm not too fond of is country - the only country music I really like is Johnny Cash, the rest bores me. Nearly all other genres will be used on whatever cans I get though.

then go for the DT770, detailed with a great bass response. it'll work well with dubstep and also detailed enough to enjoy the country music. it's the best under 200$ among closed headphones IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back