Another help choosing IEM for iPhone 3G
Dec 15, 2008 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mindouglas

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a decent pair of ear canal/IEM for my iPhone 3G. I jog and cycle so something that stays in place would be nice, but I want it to sound better than "sport" models usually do. I like bass to accompany my music not over power it. I could care less about sound controls but I have been looking at all of these. I'd like to find something under $50.

ZAGG | Z.buds | Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones
Sennheiser CX 500-B
Sennheiser CX300-B
Shure SE110
UE Super.Fi idk what, they don't have much that looks good for around $50. I think with them I'd have to go to the $100 range. Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 2?

I'm not too sure what to get, I just want something that sounds pretty decent. I know I want in ear though, not over or sport clips or anything like that. I've been suffering with a pair of $13 ones I got from BB.

Dec 15, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 11
I don't have the others but the ZAGG Z.Buds have a very warm sound signature with bass that is quite present. It doesn't really overpower the rest of the sound, but if you like your sound to be "airy" or "crisp", these aren't that. They are very much a "fun" IEM rather than an analytical one.

Basically, lows and mids are forward, highs are rather neutral but feel a bit recessed due to how forward the rest of the spectrum is. (Instruments are brought to the forefront with these, while vocals take a slight step back)

In addition to the mic, I really like these for the volume control. I use these now whenever I need to play a game without disturbing others, and it's nice to be able to control the volume without going into a menu or Alt-Tabbing to change the master volume.

Dec 15, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 11
I'm leaning towards the Senn CX 400 now because of their price and good reviews. Plus I have a pair of Senns I really enjoy.

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 11
I ordered the NE-7m's, I hope they're as awesome as the reviews state. Sounds like I can't go wrong and the controls should come in handy.

Dec 26, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #8 of 11
the nuforce sound great. unfortunately the shipping was horrible, they threw the box in a USPS envelope so it came crushed. they turned out ok though and I'm enjoying them a lot. very nice balanced sound.

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 11
Thought I would post a follow up since I've had these for a few months now. I commute 5 days a week by bike. The ride is short but these things have been through snow, sleet, rain, etc and held up fantastically. They sound great and are great at drowning out wind noise on the bike. I use them on long rides aside from my commute as well and I can't imagine listening with anything else. Along with all the weather abuse these have been through some sweat laden work outs. I mean take them off the ears and wipe them off, really nasty stuff. Still no problems. I really don't treat them that well so when I get home they get tossed around as well. I'm serious, these have stood up against some abuse and shrugged it off. I know they're just IEMs but all my other ones had ripped cables, or the jack busted. mic and button work good. I can even talk while riding. double click to forward is a life saver along with the triple click back.

I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a replacement to what comes with the iphone.

Apr 29, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #11 of 11
I lost the medium size tips for my nuforce so I emailed them to buy some replacements. they emailed me back and said they're sending a free replacement out. wow ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back