Another Grado Button thread
May 27, 2010 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Insomnymous

New Head-Fier
I just recently purchased a pair of Grado SR225i and am loving them so far. After looking through the forums here I see that many users prefer to take off the buttons that have the model number on them to help with airflow, soundstage and looks. It sounds like a good idea, but I don't want to ruin my cans in the process. Many say that if you warm up the buttons with a hair dryer on low it softens up the glue so that they are easier to take off, but would that possibly damage the drivers or leave a bunch of ugly glue residue on them? I don't want to have to open up the headphones ever in fear of breaking them somehow.

Any advice is appreciated.

May 27, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 3
Never tried it, but it would seem logical that you would have the hair dryer on an angle, pointing away from the driver. 

May 27, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Never tried it, but it would seem logical that you would have the hair dryer on an angle, pointing away from the driver. 

That might work, but will it take all of the glue off with it when I pull it off? This is more of a looks thing for me since the sound is already amazing, I just don't want it to look worse than if I don't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back