Another Giveaway -- My turn!
Dec 12, 2006 at 6:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Advil

1000+ Head-Fier
Alright, everyone is spreading the Holiday spirit and giving stuff away, and I'm most definitely the jealous type and I wanted to put a smile on someones face too! I looked around for things to give away for a while and just couldn't put my finger on it. I thought for a second... my HD201's? No.. not worth it. KSC75? Hah..everyone has those already.. Then I saw my old sound card! It's an Audigy 2 ZS with a Front Bay, and I figured well I'm sure SOMEONE wants it. It's nothing too special, but I honestly think it's a great source.

So I suppose I'll give that away.

Anywho.. To enter, make sure it's something you "need". I don't want to go giving it to someone with a system better than mine! Be considerate of people with lesser gear than you! I have the right to reject any posts. So just make a post telling me what you'll use this with. (hopefully some of my DIY darth beyers)

You have to have joined before August '06
and you have to have 50+ posts.

Cheers and Happy-Holidays to all of you at Head-Fi!!

Oh and just so you know that I'm not some creep, if you want my eBay feedback it's right here: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS

I don't have a head-fi feedback thread yet but I hope this sparks it!

Dec 12, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #2 of 48
I'll use it with my DT770's to play Counter-Strike. I'll also use it for listening to music through my T-Amp > Insignia bookshelf speakers. I can definitely hear flaws in my computer system's audio >_<. I bought my computer two or three years ago, and most of the specs on it are still great, or at least above what I need it for. Everything, except the onboard sound. I've been dying to get a sound card for the longest time, but I just haven't had the money. Heck, the last time I've spent money on audio was the K81DJ's, I believe, which I bought for $22 I think. The termination was broken, so it needed to be recabled. Thanks to [AK]Zip, that recable was free, except the $3~ shipping. I had it lying around for a few months before I got the cable, because I was too cheap to spend lots of money on it. I knew I could get a decent recable or re-termination for a small fee, but I figured I ought to take advatage of the situation and upgrade the cable. Although the HD650 cable isn't the best cable ever, it's still a major improvement and was definitely worth the (free + shipping) price.

Dec 12, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #4 of 48
If it's for laptops, then I definitely need one. My headphone/mic out on my laptop is broken. It sucks because I bought this Samsung X10 laptop in HK and it's not available in the US. So to fix it, I'd have to ship it back to HK for repairs... Right now I'm using some el-cheapo usb soundcard... If it's for a PC, then please count me out since I have no use for it and don't wanna be greedy. Appreciate the nice gesture and offer!

Dec 12, 2006 at 7:42 AM Post #5 of 48
Very cool my man! Cheers ;-}

Dec 12, 2006 at 12:19 PM Post #8 of 48
Nice offer mate ! That's a very nice gesture
I could do with a decent source, but am on a laptop
smily_headphones1.gif

Although i probably might just get a DAC/USB soundcard sooner or later.

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #11 of 48
Wow, insane, people are getting really generous... also awesome, as I was just thinking how I could use a better computer source (currently using onboard mobo audio, a front panel would be badass). I'd use it with my HD280s and PA2v2.

I'm only three posts shy, do I need to hurry and post some more before I can enter?
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #12 of 48
=[ disqualified for being too new. =[

my onboard sound really needs a change too.

good luck everyone!

Dec 12, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #13 of 48
*misses membership deadline by three months*
...man...lol. I guess I just have to buy one.
3000smile.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #14 of 48
I had to sell all of the audio equipment I could to help my wife get her masters in teaching. I am using an old sound blaster. I would use the sound card with akg-k81dj's and the ue-5c's (that I couldn't sell for obvious reasons.) I really don't have a source that comes close to doing them justice.

Anyways, merry christmas, and thanks.
-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back