Another, Give Me You Opinions To Help Me Choose, Thread
Sep 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

good sound

500+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a FiiO X3 and a pair of Hifiman RE-400's. It's a good combination and I have been enjoying it. I like the RE-400's, they do a lot of things quite well. However as those with audio nervousa are apt to do I have been wondering lately what improvements could be wrought by stepping up a notch or two in the IEM chain. I have been doing some reading and research and i have narrowed it down to two choices. Those candidates are the Vsonic GR07MKIIBE, and the Audiofly AF78. Unfortunately i won't be able to audition either of these before purchase, something I try to avoid but the good thing is i can get both of these models at a considerable discount right now and therefore should not loose too much money if i decide to sell one or both of them later.

What do those here who have experience with these three models or at least two of them think. Is there a major player or two, in this price range, that i have missed. Are either or both of these choices a clear upgrade from the RE-400's? I'd like to keep it under $200 but could stretch a little above that for the right pair. Recommendations do not need to be IEM only , on or over the ear cans are also a possibility. In fact I used to own a pair of AKG K495NC's and I should have kept them as nothing I have tried since have sounded as good all around. Unfortunately even on sale the AKG's are $350 and I am not really in a position to put out that kind of cash right at the moment. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back