Another FedEx Rant!
Jan 5, 2008 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

swt61

Dr. Wood
So I'm waiting for a package that's supposed to be delivered today. I tracked it this morning, and it said "Out on truck for delivery". Great, I'm all psyched. Well at 5:30 pm there's still no delivery from FedEx, but that's not unheard of. I've had them deliver as late as 7:00 pm.
Just to be sure I go and track the package again, and it says "Delivered, left at front door 4:55 pm". Well there's no way they delivered anything to my address. I've been waiting by the front door all day, and it's impossible for them to drive into my driveway without me seeing and hearing them, or my dog going ballistic.
So I call the 800 #, and am told that the package indeed shows as being delivered, and someone will contact me within 12-48 hours. The thing is I have to assume if it wasn't left at my front door, it was left at someone elses. This is a very small island town, so I might be able to find it if I could talk to the driver.
I decide that's just not good enough, and call back an hour later. This representative is more helpful, and more understanding of my situation. She calls the local FedEx facility, but there's no answer.
I'm figuring I'm totally screwed if he delivered the package to the wrong house, which must be the case. Has anyone had any experience with this situation?

Jan 5, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 24
Check with your neighbors? Recently a package for me was delivered to my neighbors, even though our family car was obviously parked in our driveway.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 5, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 24
Fedex delivered a package from Headroom to the house up the street from me. I had the same reaction when I saw that it had been "Delivered" already. I called and they told me they would get in touch with the driver. I decided to take matters into my own hands and drove up the street until I saw a Headroom package sitting on someone's front porch. I know a lot of folks like Fedex, but I think they are the worst.
mad.gif

Jan 5, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #7 of 24
i get so nervous when i'm expecting a package, esp if it is an expensive item which in audio it usually is. stories like these do little to instill confidence.

Jan 5, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #8 of 24
Another sad FedEx story.
frown.gif

Hopefully they get it all sorted, as soon as possible.

Jan 5, 2008 at 9:33 AM Post #9 of 24
Sorry man. If they mis-delivered, you can only hope those folks are honest enough to return it or start filing an insurance claim--both ways suck big time.

I hate noob delivery persons.

Jan 5, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #11 of 24
Well I got through to someone at the local office today (25 miles away), and they got in touch with the driver. The driver left a message on my cell phone (it never rang), and said that he's been in touch with the person he delivered it to, and that they will be home to meet him and pass the item off when he gets in this area in a few hours. So I'll follow up later today. Cross your fingers for me! The item is the HiFiDIY CD transport that n_maher built, so it'd be very difficult to replace it.

Jan 5, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #12 of 24
Well let me rant on DHL since this is a rant on delivery services. I have never had problems with items being shipped via USPS, or UPS(havent dealt with FED-EX yet), but this time the shipper decides to use DHL.

When I purchased the item off amazon it included free shipping, and any other time I had that happen it was USPS. Anyway come to find out when I get the email that the item has been shipped that the seller used DHL. Other than not being used to them something gave me a bad feeling about this.

Here is what has happened so far. Item was shipped from N.Y. area on the 29th of Decemeber. It was shipped 2-day delivery. DHL does observe either New Years eve, or New Years day...can't remember which one off hand. Any way it is now Saturday and item is still not here. So you have the 29th, then either new years eve, or new years day, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th of January...counting my fingers that is 3-4 days if you count the actual day it had shipped, not including today. Though I would not expect Saturday delivery with free shipping, none the less it was scheduled second day delivery.

Anyway following the tracking on the DHL site I watched it go to the DHL facility in Ocala (about 20 miles north of me) then it went down to Orlando (about 25 miles south of me), this morning I tracked it and it had been sent back up to Ocala(???).

So this morning I called the DHL customer service department and talked to a freindly lady. She apologized for the delay, but offered no reason for the delay, then also told me the package would not arrive till Monday. Also told me I could not drive 20 minutes up the road to pick it up either. Sheeeeesh!

One other thing. I am so glad I called. the person only had one number of the 2-digit residence number of my address on the label. So she at least fixed that and sent the information to the Ocala DHL office.

Also had her make a note that I would leave a note to have the driver leave the Package without a signature as I will be at work when the package arrives. I had this past week off.

I emailed the seller at Amazon yesterday but have not seen a reply yet. I also viewed his feedback. It seems everyone he has shipped items with DHL have had problems with their service. Not saying they are a terrible company as this is my only experience with them. I am just glad I called anyway. Lord knows I would proably be searching the neighborhood looking for the package as well had I not done so.

Jan 5, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i get so nervous when i'm expecting a package, esp if it is an expensive item which in audio it usually is. stories like these do little to instill confidence.

I'm expecting my Atrios mid week via FedEx. Man I wish I wouldn't have came across this thread!!! <Anxiety skyrockets>

Jan 5, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin 3:16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm expecting my Atrios mid week via FedEx. Man I wish I wouldn't have came across this thread!!! <Anxiety skyrockets>

Well I will say that I've had a whole lot of packages delivered by FedEx, and this is the first problem I've had. But with a $400.00 + item you have a heart attack when it says "Delivered, left at door" when you know good and well it wasn't.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #15 of 24
It usually depends on the local driver. You hear the same horror stories with FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.

I personally have had issues with UPS and FedEx, probably an equal number of times. The most recent in my memory is FedEx saying they attempted a delivery (when they didn't), making me wait another day because the driver was lazy...And a package from UPS looking like it was dropped off an airplane. (Not the driver's fault, he handed me the package, and he's a good guy, known him for years.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back