Another damned washing machine thread
May 10, 2009 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

steviebee

Headphoneus Supremus
So my lovely wife washes my Shuffle (40deg 1200 spin). Comes to me this afternoon holding this drenched little orange box up, saying 'what's this? Found it in the machine'...
confused_face.gif
Dammit, how was I to know she'd wash those jeans? They weren't even in the laundry basket. Sigh.

Currently air-drying it on top of a bag of silica....any prayers or tips for resuscitation gratefully rec'd...

Bugger....wrong forum. Shd be in portable source gear. Sheesh....Pls move if you've a mind to, mods. Ta.

May 10, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #3 of 11
Thx jeff...the ziplock is a good idea . I'l do that
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They weren't even in the laundry basket. Sigh.

I notice this thread has produced an embedded Google ad for washing machine repair, but nothing about iPod repair
tongue.gif

As someone whose day job involves all the domestic duties, I can say that basic washing training requires the operator to be vigilant of all foreign objects inside clothing before committing them to the washing tub. But the worst offenders of the lot are tissues, not DAPs
wink.gif

Incidentally, I have to ask - where exactly were your jeans when she picked them up? I am just naturally curious about these things. Please pick one:

(i) folded away on a coat hanger in the cupboard to be used again tomorrow
(ii) neatly folded over the back of chair
(iii) on the floor
(iv) outside the toilet
(v) other

May 11, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #8 of 11
Keep it near a heater (but not to near), and don't turn it on for some time. I would leave it for around a week to ensure all water has evaporated. Only then try turning it on. ITs always worked for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Incidentally, I have to ask - where exactly were your jeans when she picked them up? I am just naturally curious about these things. Please pick one:

(i) folded away on a coat hanger in the cupboard to be used again tomorrow
(ii) neatly folded over the back of chair
(iii) on the floor
(iv) outside the toilet
(v) other

I know this wasn't directed toward me, but I fell the need to answer. All my clothes leave on the floor atm (I have no wardrobe for a little while), one side is for clean clothes the other side is for dirty clothes (they dont ever touch and the two piles are at the two different ends of the room).
beerchug.gif
Can anyone say bachelor?
icon10.gif

May 11, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #9 of 11
double post

May 11, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #10 of 11
I washed my jawbone bluetooth by accident; it seems I forgot I left it in a pocket in my scrubs. It wouldn't work at all after I got it out, and the light that's supposed to either flash white or red was half white and half red. I put it in the oven on low for 45 minutes and it works as good as new again. I'm not sure if I'd recommend that that with an ipod though.

May 11, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #11 of 11
Thanx all - it's drying out in a bag w/ silica, and near a warm place. Have to say, I'm not hopeful, but hell, at least it was only a 2G Shuffle. We'll see.

LOL re where the jeans were! Not a bachelor (tho my wife says it's like living with one) so they were on top of a small pile of clean stuff, but I had been wearing em so not well-folded. Not exactly on the floor, but on top of my Linn LP12 box in the bedroom. Now, I thought it was clear and understood the box is sacred when the Linn is in it, but...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back