Another DAC suggestion question
Jan 19, 2012 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

polska9

Head-Fier
Hi, 

I'm looking to purchase a DAC for my Sennheiser HD 650's which will be powered by a very good headphone amp. 

Currently, Im down to the HRT Music Streamer 2 + vs Music Fidelity V-Dac 2 vs the Schiit Bifrost.

I will be buying blind regardless but who appreciate some input from you.

Thanks.

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #2 of 3
I have the MF V-DAC . . . I love it!!!!!  With burn in I have found that the sound has really warmed up quite a bit, though at first I will say it was a bit bright. 

Though, with 650s (which happen to be the same cans I have), I found that the synergy is definitely there with this DAC.  Currently listening to Rodrigo Y Gabriela's "Tamacun", and the seperation between each string is amazing.  Very detailed, yet very lush. 

When I bought the V-DAC, I wasn't a fan of the looks, but, just as the salesman who sold it to me said....with this DAC it's less about looks and ALL about performance.  Musical Fidelity even agrees on their site.  Besides, are we in this for looks or sound?  :p

I will give it to you: Schiit Bifrost looks amazing.

But what I really like about the 'V' series is what you can add on.  V-Link, for example, is something I am really considering adding to my setup.  And the V-PSU is pretty neat, too.

V-DAC would work well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back