Another Cmoy question...who's the top builders right now?
Sep 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ArmAndHammer

Headphoneus Supremus
I searched, most threads are a bit old, so I was hoping for some updated info. I'd like to get a Cmoy...not sure I even need one, but what the heck. I will be used with my iPhone4 and yet to be determined IEM's. I saw some that were up there in price, $60+ and I am really not wanting to spend that much. There is a seller on ebay that has some priced right,[size=x-small] juice2214. Has anyone used anything from them?[/size]

[size=x-small]Here are the specs, they don't mean much to me so I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out.[/size]

[size=medium] Texas Instruments Burr Brown Opamp 2227[/size]
[size=medium] Alps rk097 10K Potentiometer  incorporated on/off switch[/size]
[size=medium]    Aluminum black or silver mirror finish volume  knob[/size]
[size=medium] Sealed 3.5MM stereo jacks[/size]
[size=medium] Aluminum 3mm LED holder

3mm blue LED
[/size]
[size=medium] 9V battery strap[/size]
[size=medium] nichicon 1000uf electrolytic capacitors

BC 0.1 µF 50-plus volt film caps
[/size]
[size=medium] 10K 1/4W metal film resistor 
4.75K 1/4W metal film resistor 
100K 1/4W metal film resistor 
1K 1/4W metal film resistor
[/size]
[size=medium] 3m Heat-shrink[/size]
[size=medium] Protoboard[/size]
[size=medium] New 9v Battery included[/size]

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm all for the CMoy from fred_fred_2004 on ebay... I'm using the bass boost model with the 2227 and it sounds the business...

But depending on the IEMs you buy you could be wasting your money...

I have the Audio-Technica CKS77 IEMs and they are incredibly powerful and bassy without an amp...

Depending on what IEMs you buy you could be wasting you cash...

Any IEM that needs an amp means you should've spend the amp cash on the IEMs and saved a lot of hassle...

Sep 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Any IEM that needs an amp means you should've spend the amp cash on the IEMs and saved a lot of hassle...

Really leaning towards the HiFiMan RE262's which need amped. So according to you, instead of spending $150 on the IEM's and $30-50 on the amp, I should looking for IEM's in the $150-180 range that don't need amped? Suggestions that will fit the HiFiMan RE262 profile?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back