Another CMOY lives!
Apr 23, 2006 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

monsieurguzel

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, i'm sure that you see cmoy posts all the time...but i just wanted to post my first amp since joining head-fi. I finally got the thing working and its waiting to be cased in a serpac H-65.

I have a set of 470uf caps for C1 as well as some .22uf caps for C2 all connected to a OPA2132PA opamp. Any suggestions on parts i could switch out if i want to improve the sound? Also...what is a good setting for the gain w/ a pair of Grados?....its at 11 right now.

This amp was actually an exercise for my next amp. I bought all the parts for a millet-hybrid...and will start making it this weekend. I have a pair of Alessandro MS-2i's which should sound great with it.

133140854_6e8c606471.jpg

133140865_802d2d7f20.jpg

Apr 23, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 9
You can go crazy with them. I gave the first one to a friend. I built this one for myself to play around with different opamps. I was a bit too excited after the first one. It is also a great example of what happens when you don't read the data sheets. Hell, I had no idea how big orange drops were and I really didn't care.
tongue.gif

Welcome to the mess. It's all Tangent's fault at first and then... then there's the others.

Cmoy3.jpg

BTW, there's a sticky at the top. It's for posting builds. Don't sweat it since you've already posted.

Apr 23, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
You can go crazy with them. I gave the first one to a friend. I built this one for myself to play around with different opamps. I was a bit too excited after the first one. It is also a great example of what happens when you don't read the data sheets. Hell, I had no idea how big orange drops were and I really didn't care.
tongue.gif

Welcome to the mess. It's all Tangent's fault at first and then... then there's the others.

http://members.cox.net/eburt1/Cmoy3.jpg[/IG]

BTW, there's a sticky at the top. It's for posting builds. Don't sweat it since you've already posted.[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Dude, that is a frikken Monster! My freind has those huge orange caps, I got the smaller ones [img]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 9
Sorry about your... uhhh... never mind. Set your source volume right and run any gain you want. If you need one.. order two, and it never hurts to read twice and solder once... Don't buy any more ratshack parts... Dubious quality and waaay overpriced... Get the TO-92 CRD if you build a millett hybrid... Guess that's about it... Oh BTW if you find any cool knobs, link us up!!!

Apr 23, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #5 of 9
Congratulations on your first CMoy!! Your work looks great, too.

However, it's a good thing you're using the Serpac case. Wire lengths, and the space they require in a Mint Tin, is not something that is documented in any of the CMoy articles. Don't ask me how I know that.
rolleyes.gif

attachment.php

P.S. You also get to find out how strong those Panasonic pot pins are, too - especially compared to wire that's stiff enough to suspend the pot.
eek.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
tongue.gif

2xAD843 running on batteries...those 843s are vampires...IMHO for non-excessively bright cans AD8620 is much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back