Another awesome audiotrak thing you ain't gonna get your hands on ...
Sep 2, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 10
Is that thing covered with Vishay's? ....oh, Wima's.. pretty good too
biggrin.gif
Awesome that the 2134 comes stock with it!

I like it !

LOL, now i notice the [Low Impendance HP] [High Impendance HP] outputs. THAT is fun.

That Dr. DAC2 will kick serious DAC/Amp butts.

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Dr. DAC2 will kick serious DAC/Amp butts.

I doubt it, maybe other comparable soundcards. It's just ubiquitous op-amp line-out and headphone outputs.

24/96 USB capability is great, but it lacks spdif output, limiting its use in a high-end system as a good USB-spdif converter with an outboard DAC.

Oh, well, at least the main op-amps are all socketed, meaning easy op-amp swapping.

Sep 2, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #4 of 10
Exactly my thoughts. It may beat most if not all internal sound cards being used as source (no external DAC), but when you start getting into the more serious range of external DACs, I doubt this will stand in the way.

Sep 2, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 10
I mean the casual DAC/HeadAMP Combo's (external soundcards). Yeah i skipped my "Head-Fi DAC classes" so ignore my lack of information about the hi-end part.

BTW, how does the Dr.DAC2's DAC compare to the 0404/1212?

Sep 9, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 10
you don't get this thing to use it as a transport, it's silly

you get it as a one stop solution for source / amp ...

it's better I think that any internal soundcard, and it has a way better hp amp than those cards ... and it's like 300 dollars, low price ....

Sep 9, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 10
Probably it will cost a bit more than USD equivalent in euro in our good ol' Romania
wink.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if a portable, sub 200 eur, dac/amp like Corda Move would sound better.
If you need more: Meier Arietta, it ships for 200 euro these days (a bargain), and a DAC like Monica2, RD-2, Beresford, etc which go for the same price. Or a used Aria at around 300 eur, with a good enough DAC and an excellent amp.
I don't think you'll ever look back, provided you have good enough headphones.

Sep 9, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #8 of 10
ooooh, optical in.

anybody going to be the guinea pig for us?

Sep 9, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #9 of 10
The Audiotrak Dr. Dac 2...
Since I am more that happy with my Electrocompaniet ECD 1.
tongue.gif

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #10 of 10
dr.dac2 is great box, BUT it becomes such after my opamp rolling recipe applied:
FDO --> 2xOPA627bp and 2xOPA627au
I2V --> 2xAD797brz
LineOut --> 2xAD797brz
HeadOut = empty as I am in the process...
After all dr.dac2 is input CD signal via digital coax OR mp3 via USB and dr.dac2 outputs analog via 2xRCA to my Marantz PM4400 OSE which runs my JBL E90 speakers.
Sound = amazing, lots of details, crazy space, no harsh at all, very natural in all styles of music. Still keep wondering how all my CDs and mp3s actually have more info inside than I thought.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back