Another 580 mod for your enjoyment - dial up WARNING (photos)
Mar 3, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by JXBJXB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have girlfriend/wife accomplish that task if it makes you feel queasy.

Or use the condom-purchasing technique we all used in high school: Buy a bunch of other things with the pantyhose. Manly things. Bottle of Quaker State 5W-30, a Gillette Fusion razor, maybe a can of Dinty Moore beef stew. Put all of that on top of the pantyhose, and the checkout clerk is sure not to notice.
wink.gif

HAHAHAAAA I love it!!

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like it would be easier to just take the stock grills off and call it a mod.

Right - which I mentioned. The problem with that is that it makes the phones ugly, and it also gives you no protection at all for the back of the driver. This mod solves both of those problems.

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

No, I was hoping someone mention the difference. Apparently the HD580 sounds better in some way as the HD600 grill mod seems popular.

To my ears, better soundstaging and more space/air around vocals and instruments. I do not find the difference subtle, others have found it subtle, still others hear no difference.

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Right - which I mentioned. The problem with that is that it makes the phones ugly, and it also gives you no protection at all for the back of the driver. This mod solves both of those problems.

Quote:

To my ears, better soundstaging and more space/air around vocals and instruments. I do not find the difference subtle, others have found it subtle, still others hear no difference.

Thanks, JXBJXB.

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

No, I was hoping someone mention the difference. Apparently the HD580 sounds better in some way as the HD600 grill mod seems popular.

It's popular because it makes the HD580 look aesthetically better...sonically, it makes almost no difference. The HD650 cable makes more of a difference than the grilles do.

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's popular because it makes the HD580 look aesthetically better...sonically, it makes almost no difference. The HD650 cable makes more of a difference than the grilles do.

I have the HD650 cable on my HD580 but never compared it to the stock cable. The HD600 grill does look better, but for me it would be more fun to dremel away at my HD580. I don't know what it is really but I just love using my dremel on stuff.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back