Anode/Plate choke for 300b set amp?
Aug 2, 2014 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

paulluvsmusic

New Head-Fier
Hi all, this is a newbie question I imagine but I have been reading about anode chokes and grid chokes lately and how many people are getting great results, well anyway I have purchased a pair of 50H 100ma anode/plate chokes. Now I'm trying to figure out where to put them? Do I put the choke between the OPT and the anode? Thanks ahead for anyone who can steer me in the right direction.

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #9 of 11
Couldn't help myself , so wired up the parafeed setup with my gapped OPT's .Lost all my low bass but could hear the difference in the midrange and the treble.Think I better get some un-gapped OPT's.
Thanks again Dsavitsk

Aug 7, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #10 of 11
It makes sense that the parafeed configuration should be more natural as the OPT in this configuration is reflecting what is happening across the 300B rather than in the single ended configuration where it is acting in a more reactive way. You would have to think the key benefit of not carrying the HV DC feed is that it enables the OPT to have better focus on the audio aspect of the circuit, but yes get the gap out if the equation and all will be revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back