Annoying Volume Problem with AV710
Jul 23, 2004 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Borky

Head-Fier
The volume level on my system keeps fluctuating, at one point -20db on my receiver is pretty loud then -20db is soft and not loud enough so I have to turn it to about -5db or so. Also, In the Via Audio Deck, I can't control the volume with the Master Volume Slider. Simply nothing happens when I put it up or down. I'm running the 1.43d drivers, should I consider getting the new ones?
If so, would it be the PTs, HTs, or which?

Jul 23, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Have you checked the windows volume controls? Also, individual programs can affect the windows volume control. This will happen with any soundcard if it's the case.

Jul 23, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borky
The volume level on my system keeps fluctuating, at one point -20db on my receiver is pretty loud then -20db is soft and not loud enough so I have to turn it to about -5db or so. Also, In the Via Audio Deck, I can't control the volume with the Master Volume Slider. Simply nothing happens when I put it up or down. I'm running the 1.43d drivers, should I consider getting the new ones?
If so, would it be the PTs, HTs, or which?

Which output on the card are you using? In the 1.43d drivers, the master volume doesn't change the volume from the SPDIF output.

You might try the newer 3.10a drivers, but that has the infamous bug where the right channel volume isn't changed...

~KS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back