Annoying sound issues with headphones
Mar 22, 2014 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pjv1990

New Head-Fier
Hi all, 

I am not sure if this is in the appropriate place. If it's not I apologise. 

This may sound strange but it is something that is really starting to irritate me and spoil my listening experience. I have noticed when listening with my main set up (HD650, Graham Slee novo, Marantz CD 5004) that the sound appears to be slightly more dominant in the right headphone, as if the majority/vocals of instruments are leaning to the right with a few sounding as if they are coming from the left. It's not volume, just as I said above that it sounds like most instruments are slightly coming from the right headphone. It's doing my head in as its happening with nearly all my CD's. I have even tried other headphones and it still happens so its not the 650's. 

It seems to be more common with acoustic instruments rather than vocals/electronic music. Could it be bad mic placement/recording? Poor mastering? Maybe I'm going crazy! 

Any thoughts would be great! 
Thanks. 

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Your volume pot might be out of balance, and many are at low volumes. Temporarily increase the volume to see what happens.  Don't go too loud for too long.  Do it to see if it's the volume pot.

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Also, swap your red and white RCA cables to see if the problem follows the cables. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back