Annoying Guy in Audience
Feb 2, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #17 of 33
Well, I'd say the (hopefully) drunk person who can't carry a tune in a bucket yet feels the need to sing along the entire time is worse. It's a matter of personal taste though.

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #19 of 33
at a concert i minidisced some jackhole kept yelling "kaaaandaaaaa!" every time i hear him in the recording i feel the urge to punch something.

Feb 3, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #20 of 33
I was at a concert. Berlin Phil. Simon Rattle. Strauss' "Ein Heldenleben". Proms a couple of years back. Love him or loathe him for his showmanship, he does the work before the gig, so the performance was tight, flawless and beautiful, the last chord comes of perfectly, with the strings a moment before the brass, so that the chord changes subtly and rings out with a glorious dying brass tone. Stunning. Only thing to do after that is to bask in the glory of the tone for a good few seconds.

Unless you are the shamess spineless little turd who booed and then ran out. I swear I could have killed him stone dead 10 times over. Killing the moment when it was so beautiful. Man, I'd kill him if I saw him now!

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #21 of 33
Haha, this reminds me of a concert by Opeth. Throughout the concert there was this guy who would keep yelling "BLACK ROSE IMMORTAL!" (a song by Opeth) after every song. Eventually, after many repeats, someone else in the audience yells "SHUT THE HELL UP", and the singer in the band points at him and says "Sniper" in the microphone. Awesome, wish I was there.

Anyone correct me if I was wrong on anything :p

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #22 of 33
on You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore (Vol. 1), Zappa lets some totally blotto wasted guy from the audience recite a poem right before "St. Alfonzo's Pancake Breakfast:"

I want a garden
I want a garden where the flowers have no flowers
I want a garden where the trees have no leaves
I want a garden where the tree weeds don't even grow
I want a garden
I want my garden
I want a garden where there are no colors
I wanna water that garden
with my tears...

and guitarist Denny Walley interrupts him with: Oh, you want kindergarten!

freakin' hilarious. makes me crack up every time.

Feb 3, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #23 of 33
Ah, these are very prevelent in most of the recent recordings i've listened to, but back in the early 70s when people respected the artist, it is dead quiet during their performances. I have countless Yes/Genesis audience recorded concerts that are pristine in every way but sound fidelity.

Feb 3, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #25 of 33
In my immature youth, I used to be known for yelling things like FREEBIRD during a show, but now I am, of course, much more mature. Now, I yell "MORE COWBELL!" I have found in the past few years that I've been doing it, it has caught on, and now most of the time I get beaten to the punch. It is especially wonderful if anybody on stage says they "need more vocals in the monitor" or something beforehand. Comedy Gold (tm).

Of course, there is that one memory I have of yelling "COWBOY DAN!!!" at a Modest Mouse show, back when they used to do real encores and didn't suck, and they played it due to some of the crowd joining in with me. Ah, memories of when good bands didn't suck.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was at a concert. Berlin Phil. Simon Rattle. Strauss' "Ein Heldenleben". Proms a couple of years back. Love him or loathe him for his showmanship, he does the work before the gig, so the performance was tight, flawless and beautiful, the last chord comes of perfectly, with the strings a moment before the brass, so that the chord changes subtly and rings out with a glorious dying brass tone. Stunning. Only thing to do after that is to bask in the glory of the tone for a good few seconds.

Unless you are the shamess spineless little turd who booed and then ran out. I swear I could have killed him stone dead 10 times over. Killing the moment when it was so beautiful. Man, I'd kill him if I saw him now!

maybe he was shouting, "boo-erlin philharmonic!"

Feb 3, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobayrasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHen I am listning to classical recordings and someone keeps coughing over and over.....I thank "why didn't they excuse themselves. Kills me everytime!

i have an old 1951 live classical recording, and most everyone was very quiet... until between movements. i've never heard so much phlem being purged a once.

Feb 3, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobayrasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHen I am listning to classical recordings and someone keeps coughing over and over.....I thank "why didn't they excuse themselves. Kills me everytime!

It's a real problem. I have a few works I'm convinced were recorded in a tuberculosis facility for retired coal miners funded by Philip Morris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back