Annoyed with Amazon!
Apr 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

schwallman

1000+ Head-Fier
So I wanted to buy a set of Senn Hd-25 II headphones about two weeks ago. So I was browsing amazon and found a refurbished pair from DAKMART. I should of known not to buy from them but I liked the price. Well like alot of other people leaving reviews, the just disappeared and are "lost".  So I try to buy another set from amazon through the warehouse deals site. Got them in a few minutes ago and someone placed a set of HD-25 SP II in the box. Kinda look similar but they are not the same at all. I am just fed up with trying to get a good price from a supposedly trustworthy company.

Long story short, just buy stuff new in box.

Rant over.

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 29
<.< I like Amazon Thank you very much, but I always buy New from amazon. But I'm with you there, I hate buying ANYTHING used >.> there are times when the only thing I can afford is used to I have to settle [which isn't entirely I just didn't reasearch enough]

Still thanks for sharing your rant, as for me I LOVE buying cheap gear from Chinese Sellers On Ebay... but I HATE HOW TIGHTLY THEY PACK STUFF >.> I always have stuff break on as me as I try to unBox it <.< so needless to say I don't do that any more >.> I have to SAVE now, which I better than buying 3 pairs of the SAME HEAD PHONE in the end :/

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #3 of 29

Quote:
So I wanted to buy a set of Senn Hd-25 II headphones about two weeks ago. So I was browsing amazon and found a refurbished pair from DAKMART. I should of known not to buy from them but I liked the price. Well like alot of other people leaving reviews, the just disappeared and are "lost".  So I try to buy another set from amazon through the warehouse deals site. Got them in a few minutes ago and someone placed a set of HD-25 SP II in the box. Kinda look similar but they are not the same at all. I am just fed up with trying to get a good price from a supposedly trustworthy company.

Long story short, just buy stuff new in box.

Rant over.

I buy from Amazon warehouse often.

Haven't had an issue.

Sorry for your poor luck.

Very best,

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 29
Bought another set, full price. Hopefully 3rd times a charm. the second set from the warehouse stated it was only opened. I can see that they were probably opened and switched out to pull a fast one on amazon. Since they are pretty similiar to the hd-25-1 II. Im sure just your average joe at the warehouse was easily fooled. Anyway, another set ordered. Heres hoping........

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #5 of 29
I hope it goes well, and doesn't amazon have a Money Back or return policy? I can't remember if they do or not but I certianly hope so, and it's good to hear you've not had any issues MalVeau

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #6 of 29
Yeah they will take them back with no problem. Its just a pain that I have had an issue through amazon with trying to order one set of headphones. Once with the 3rd party seller, and this last time recieving the wrong headphone. It was an impulse buy to begin with.
Quote:
I hope it goes well, and doesn't amazon have a Money Back or return policy? I can't remember if they do or not but I certianly hope so, and it's good to hear you've not had any issues MalVeau

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #8 of 29
Again for you sake I hope so! I'm sure if we keep this thread alive long enough, when I get some cash to buy headphones with xD I'll end up with a bad Amazon experince to share lol

I'm currently waiting to buy a Fiio E11 Combo off amazon, it comes with a better battery [and it's like $1 more!] so hopefully when that time comes I'll only be annoyed that I couldn't afford faster shiping lol

Apr 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #9 of 29
Sorry to hear about your two consecutive bad experiences with Amazon. I know it can get frustrating, especially when it happens with an order for headphones. We all know how agonizing of a wait it is for new headphones to come in!

Yeah, I've had a similar experience. Bought a messenger bag used from Amazon's Warehouse one time, but they sent me a regular backpack. Amazon took care of the refund no problem, but it was kind of a pain to have to buy another one and wait for it to deliver again.

Overall, though, I would still recommend buying used from Amazon itself (or from merchants that have their orders fulfilled by Amazon, but not really merchants who fulfill their orders themselves), especially if the price reduction is significant. On the rare occasion that something goes wrong with your order, you're pretty much guaranteed that Amazon will make it right. All the other times, you'll have saved a bunch of money!

Good luck on your third order!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #10 of 29
I've ordered from amazon a couple of times and never had any problem with the orders. 
Best luck next time, im sure you will enjoy the HD-25's which sound way better than the Sp version. 

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #11 of 29
i only buy new stuff and i often order from amazon, i have never had a problem. im going to try to save up cash to get the shure srh940 before they start charging tax. you guys know when they are going to impose tax in california?

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #12 of 29
The only reason I went with DAKMART for the first order was the price. I went in understanding they might have some scuffs or something like that. I wasnt trying to spend alot of money on another set of headphones. Recently got back into mixing and all I own are open back headphones. Really not ideal for mixing songs.  Anyway, I see he has more positive reviews than negative but packages do get "lost" alot with him. Im pretty sure they are running a shady business. they could care less about my package being lost until I said I was going to go through amazon instead of letting him handle the refund.

Again, I have never had a problem getting anything from amazon. Warehouse and 3rd party deals are a little iffy. If you can afford it, just go new.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #13 of 29

Quote:
The only reason I went with DAKMART for the first order was the price. I went in understanding they might have some scuffs or something like that. I wasnt trying to spend alot of money on another set of headphones. Recently got back into mixing and all I own are open back headphones. Really not ideal for mixing songs.  Anyway, I see he has more positive reviews than negative but packages do get "lost" alot with him. Im pretty sure they are running a shady business. they could care less about my package being lost until I said I was going to go through amazon instead of letting him handle the refund.

Again, I have never had a problem getting anything from amazon. Warehouse and 3rd party deals are a little iffy. If you can afford it, just go new.

i just never trust used stuff personally so i always get new unless the price is dirt cheap so it becomes kinda like a toy, otherwise if its equipment status, then i always get new.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #14 of 29
Agreed and thankfully with Amazon I've found that price are better New then trying to buy on eBay used! I like amazon and I'm looking forward to doing more buisness wid em so I can maybe get some rewards or something!

Apr 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #15 of 29

Quote:
i only buy new stuff and i often order from amazon, i have never had a problem. im going to try to save up cash to get the shure srh940 before they start charging tax. you guys know when they are going to impose tax in california?

September 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back