Announcing the all-new X3 firmware 3.0
Jul 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #46 of 57

1. As TrollDragon mentioned, a screw*** load of people already did comment on it actually.

OK, sorry, I didn't mean to say that it hadn't been mentioned anywhere just that nobody had brought it up in this thread on the new firmware. As I said - I'm new to the X3 (and even newer to the associated forums).

I'm still utterly gobsmacked that this bug - that would be obvious to anybody using the device - has got through two major upgrades especially as the last release made (albeit misguided and ill-conceived) changes to the UI.

I just don't get it; FiiO might as well have added the text "WE DON'T CARE A JOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF OUR UI" to all the screens. This takes 'corporate stupidity' to an all time high. If I didn't like the sound of this player so much, I'd seriously consider returning it as unfit for purpose, on the basis of this bug alone..........

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #47 of 57
Jul 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #48 of 57

I just don't get it; FiiO might as well have added the text "WE DON'T CARE A JOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF OUR UI" to all the screens. This takes 'corporate stupidity' to an all time high.

Not very polite but still amusing your word choice... XD

I don't think they don't care (otherwise they would not have reworked the whole UI with FW 3.0 I guess). I'm rather afraid that their designers/developers simply don't know any better. Building a 2-dimensional Win8-style UI for a device which features only UP and DOWN buttons seems to me like a classical matter of incompetence
rolleyes.gif

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #49 of 57
Or FiiO just has poor vision...

Take the E12 and the Crossfeed / Gain switches, no buttons and you have to find a pointed thing to switch them. If they would have made the switch slots a hair bigger, you could use the end of a 1/8" TRS plug to slide the switches back and forth with ease...

Hoisted the pic from Google images...

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #50 of 57
  Not very polite but still amusing your word choice... XD

I don't think they don't care (otherwise they would not have reworked the whole UI with FW 3.0 I guess). I'm rather afraid that their designers/developers simply don't know any better. Building a 2-dimensional Win8-style UI for a device which features only UP and DOWN buttons seems to me like a classical matter of incompetence
rolleyes.gif

I wasn't trying to be very polite
biggrin.gif
  - I'm actually very annoyed with them - not to mention, as a software engineer, professionally outraged. There is far, far too much shoddy software out there, it gives us a bad name!

However, annoying as the new 2D UI is, I was really referring to changing anything at all to do with the UI without addressing the fundamental and obvious bug of the lost playing list. That is serious incompetence.... or the all too prevalent attitude that might be summed up as; "I know it doesn't actually work properly yet; never mind that, just give it more pointless graphics and useless frills..."

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #51 of 57
  I wasn't trying to be very polite
biggrin.gif
  - I'm actually very annoyed with them - not to mention, as a software engineer, professionally outraged. There is far, far too much shoddy software out there, it gives us a bad name!

However, annoying as the new 2D UI is, I was really referring to changing anything at all to do with the UI without addressing the fundamental and obvious bug of the lost playing list. That is serious incompetence.... or the all too prevalent attitude that might be summed up as; "I know it doesn't actually work properly yet; never mind that, just give it more pointless graphics and useless frills..."

I totally feel ya! Already tried to point that out a few months ago but I guess it didn't help that much...
confused_face.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #52 of 57
I loaded Mr Trev's firmware and I much prefer the list style interface.  Thanks for creating this for the X3 community.  I am curious if porting the firmware to the 3.0EX will be a difficult task.

Sep 22, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #53 of 57
Feedback about an error on FIIO X3 Fw 3.0

I got an minor error on my new FIIO X3 Firmware 3.0.

Normally,  On now playing display, press short press back button it will back to play list.

But some time ( It's happened several time in difference song ( FLAC, mp3 format)) I short press back button and nothing happen, i try another button (next/pre, vol) and it worked normally, i try long press back button and it displayed quick menu so the back button is fine. While the error happen I have to turn off X3 and turn on then it working OK again.

It's just a minor bug but i think it's better to solve this problem for better user's experience. Thank you. \(^O^)/

Sep 26, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #54 of 57
Just gotmy fiio x3,upgraded straight to version 3, so far working awesome, album covers are all 650x650, they are a bit slow to come up but i use foobar on pc so any lower they become blury, nothing to complain about. The dac feature is awesome and the bass and treble adjustments do alot. The ui looks awesome, but a black and green theme would be awesome. :) the sound this player makes amazes me.
Very happy user, nothing to complain about. Keep it up fiio. :D

Sep 27, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #55 of 57
Where does the firmware updates apply? On the card, or the onboard memory? I've heard (Gagateer website) that it can only be done on a 32gb card? So, if you use a bigger card,it won't work? Or is that a load of bollocks?

Sep 27, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #56 of 57
You can upgrade on all microSD card sizes, 64 and 128 GB too, this cards only need to be formated as FAT32 and not typically exFAT for SD cards over 32 GB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back