ANNOUNCEMENT: Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A
Nov 12, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #121 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lsportline43 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Just got my Dark Grey SR-71A yesterday!
biggrin.gif
Ray shipped out the very same day that I purchased the amp! Great doing business with him!

That's Ray for you! he is awesome.
smile.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #122 of 171
Excellent news: just got an e-mail from Ray and he said that he has shipped me a black SR-71A!!!!!! WOW!!! wooooooot

He shipped the amp on the very next day I paid for it, and considering I paid him yesterday night, it's a lightning shipping service!!!

I'm just so excited for getting this great amp. I'm sure the black one will sound even better to my ears
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #123 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by dadozen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent news: just got an e-mail from Ray and he said that he has shipped me a black SR-71A!!!!!! WOW!!! wooooooot

He shipped the amp on the very next day I paid for it, and considering I paid him yesterday night, it's a lightning shipping service!!!

I'm just so excited for getting this great amp. I'm sure the black one will sound even better to my ears
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Wow you got a Black SR-71A? I wanted a Black SR-71A, but Ray said they were sold out... Oh well I'll stick with my Dark Grey SR-71A.
icon10.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #125 of 171
Great news agian: FedEx has just called me to let me know about the custom taxes and that my amp will be processed by brazilian customs tonight. I should call them on monday to get the exact amount of custom taxes and the exact delivery day at home!!!!

Thanks agian Ray! It has been just three days I paid you and two since you shipped the item!

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #126 of 171
Ray, this amp is GOOD.

It must have at least 50 Hr burn-in to start to Shine. Now 60 hrs, it is addictive.

Comparing SR-71a to The Predator, Similar to Going from two channel amp to a Mono Blocks of the same Amp using balanced cables, in a Home audio system.
You don't notice at first, then over a few hours of listening... realise the noise floor is too low to notice. and the Sound stage stable & detailed.
Unexpected, My ER-4s Kept up with the SR-71a, compared to HD-600, maybe even more detailed. and the Bass from the ER-4s.... is just not expected.

Thanks Ray, You are the Best..... Now I wonder how HR-2 will sound.....maybe next year.

P.s fellow owners of the SR-71a, this Amp is Super silent and distortion free at any level. Mind the Sound Level.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #127 of 171
Amp has arrived home safely
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks a lot Ray, although I didn't hear it yet( I'm at work now ) I'm very pleased with the communication before the sale, for letting me know everything I needed to know and for the excellent customer service. Fast shipping, providing tracking #, and for the effort of sending me a black SR-71A.

I can't wait to put my hands on it!

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #128 of 171
Quote:

Amp has arrived home safely
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks a lot Ray, although I didn't hear it yet( I'm at work now ) I'm very pleased with the communication before the sale, for letting me know everything I needed to know and for the excellent customer service. Fast shipping, providing tracking #, and for the effort of sending me a black SR-71A.

I can't wait to put my hands on it!

I had two black SR-71As put aside for long a time to be sent to two reviewers but they were flying so fast I decided I don't really need any reviews so you happened to get one of those. I do have few black chassis that are damaged, I could not use them due to scratches so I called the chassis manufacturer to make me few chassis to replace the bad once, they might be here within few more days, hope very soon. mean while just have the clear/white color left.
Enjoy your amp.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #129 of 171
I`m just listening to my new EMMELINE "The Black Bird" SR-71A and it already sounds amazing! Just to think that it will get evne better with proper burn-in makes me crazy! The airness and the bass are driving me insane!!!!!

My S/N is SR-165, so thanks for saving these amps for the reviewers but not really sending them
biggrin.gif

I hope more people can get those new black chassis, because it really is a beautiful amp!!!! And, of course, sounds awesome!

Thanks again!

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #130 of 171
Some proper burn-in can do amazing things for this little amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #131 of 171
I have the original SR-71 and love it
darthsmile.gif
Can't wait to read a comparative review to see if there is much difference between them.

Nov 26, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #132 of 171
Quote:

I`m just listening to my new EMMELINE "The Black Bird" SR-71A and it already sounds amazing! Just to think that it will get evne better with proper burn-in makes me crazy! The airness and the bass are driving me insane!!!!!

My S/N is SR-165, so thanks for saving these amps for the reviewers but not really sending them
biggrin.gif

I hope more people can get those new black chassis, because it really is a beautiful amp!!!! And, of course, sounds awesome!

Thanks again!

argg you ordered urs after mine and got a number way before mine
smily_headphones1.gif
I am still happy with my 340 though
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #133 of 171
Quote:

Some proper burn-in can do amazing things for this little amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed. Mine has 130+ hrs burned-in, and I don't have to say how much I love everything out of this amps.

As recommended by head-fi gurus here, I hooked my black "Black Bird" (with same amount of hours) to my HD650 / MS2i and SE530, so I could switch between High/Low/Mid gain using different kinds of music (instrument/vocal/etc.) that I prefer. The amp will be mainly used to drive my HD650 when I have reached 200 hours , though.

I don't know how many of them still available, Ray may have the answer. But don't wait till the last unit sold out!

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #134 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
argg you ordered urs after mine and got a number way before mine
smily_headphones1.gif
I am still happy with my 340 though
smily_headphones1.gif

Ray had my SR-71A put aside to send to a reviewer. When I emailed him about it, he said that he only had clear/white ones, but then he found this one and sent me, since there demand was so high that he didn't need anymore reviews about this amazing piece
smily_headphones1.gif
I was truly happy that he has done that. That's why my amp's S/N is that low.

Nov 28, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #135 of 171
I'm very fortunate. The SR-71A is my first RSA amp, and the sound from my work rig (including the SR-71A) is satisfying in ways and to a degree that keeps me at work, sometimes, more than a little longer than I was planning ("I'll leave just as soon as this track ends ... just as soon as this next track ends ... just as soon as this CD ends ... let me hear that earlier track just once more ..."). There were times that I did this before adding the SR-71A to my work rig, but not with as many artists/CDs and not for as long as with the SR-71A. My manager is happy with the amount of work I'm getting done, and my ears are VERY happy to have Sound Quality THIS satisfying and involving where I spend so many hours in my week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back