ANNOUNCEMENT: Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A
Sep 20, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #62 of 171
Ray, this amp looks awesome. I commend you on being so market focused. Give the people what they want! Looks like you have delivered once again.

Sep 20, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #64 of 171
Quote:

Originally Posted by wkwlb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, may I ask in the picture the white set is a pure white or clear/white set??

I believe it's the clear/white set. That's what Ray told me on the phone when i placed an order for one.

Sep 20, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #65 of 171
We had few trips to fed-ex last night, total of "44" SR-71A were shipped in the first batch, they were shipped in the order that they arrived.
If you are in the US your should get your amp on Tuesday or for sure on Wednesday.

In Japan, Hong Kong, Singapoor & UK you should get it between 4-6 days.
All were shipped via fed-ex. Now back to work I go...
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Sep 20, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #66 of 171
glad to hear that! waiting for your email on the tracking number!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #67 of 171
Nice work Ray. You created a nice solution to a problem that was out of your control (component "end of life").

You make an announcement on Tuesday and almost 50 units are shipped 3 days later. If most governments could be as efficient.
biggrin.gif

Good luck with your sales.

Sep 22, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #71 of 171
I've paid, and got my email reply. Thanks Ray, for your prompt service.

Sure am looking forward to seeing mine.

I wonder how many hours of burn in the SR-71A needs, and what is the battery life of it using alkalines/rechargeables?

Cheers.

Sep 22, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #72 of 171
The Gray SR-71As are here, we will start shipping the orders for this color today.
We are trying our best to ship as fast as we can with no delay, please be patiant if your turn has not come yet.
Enjoy the pictures below. As to size of the new SR-71A, we have snapped some pictures next to the 80G Video Classic, you can see that the SR-71A is smaller.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

SR-71A026.jpg

SR-71A028.jpg

SR-71A029.jpg

SR-71A030.jpg

SR-71A031.jpg

SR-71A034.jpg

SR-71A036.jpg

SR-71A037.jpg

SR-71A042.jpg

Sep 22, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #74 of 171
About an hour ago I received my SR-71A from FedEx. This amp is nothing short of amazing and it only has 30 minutes of burn-in time on it. I'll continue to let it burn-in for the next week or so and give my thoughts in a new thread starting tonight. Or, I'll contribute to anyone else’s thread if you start one before I do.

In case you're wondering, in the box you receive the amp, black velvet pouch, silicone feet, and an instruction manual. No batteries included. I initially tried using the MAHA POWEREX 9.6 Volt 230mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries, but these are about 1/8" too long (a known issue for these batteries). So for now I'm using Duracell Alkalines until I can research other rechargeables.

Right out of the gate, this amp sounds beautifully warm, smooth and POWERFUL! On the low gain setting with IEMs, iPod and LOD, I only need to turn up the volume to the 11 o'clock position for extremely loud and clear sound. The authority this amp has over my UE Triple-Fi 10s is astonishing! They've never lit up like this before!

As I said, I'll report back later in a new thread, but for now I've got some serious listening to do. To those waiting for yours to arrive, you will not be disappointed!

CHEERS TO RAY!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back