ann arbor/south east michigan meet anyone?
Jan 20, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #32 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedpoet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, this one kind of got lost for me in the chaos of the week. I got hit with a double whammy from the ice storm and lost power both at work and at home for a good chunk of the week. My gf and I were in a hotel for 3 days and being in IT, "power failure" are two of the worst words you can hear. I also just found out that I need to leave Sunday morning on business. Put this all together and I'm not going to be able to make it, despite this thing only being a few miles from me.
frown.gif
When another Michigan gathering goes down, I should be able to make it. Have fun!

uh..its the 27th, you have 1 week to get your acts together
k1000smile.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #34 of 72
HEY!! A local meet!!
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure that I can make it, though I'll have to run it by committee first, just to make sure that I'm not forgetting any previous engagements.
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #35 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HEY!! A local meet!!
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure that I can make it, though I'll have to run it by committee first, just to make sure that I'm not forgetting any previous engagements.
biggrin.gif

looking forward to hearing your KK
biggrin.gif

damn too bad I sold my Dynahi....grrr...holiday spendings
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #36 of 72
elrod_tom, can you bring K1000 and K701 for this meet?

At present I don't have any amps with me. How many of us going to bring amps? And what amps? Need some kind of inventory.

As I said before, I can bring HD595, HD650, SR60 and MicroDAC.

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #37 of 72
If I can make it (looks like I can so far) I'll bring the K1000 and K701, and a couple of different amps at least.

One thing I don't have is a single-ended cable (1/4" jack) or a cable with spades (other than the awful thing that came with the K1000). If anyone has these cables, or could borrow them, it would help a lot.

Jan 22, 2007 at 6:46 AM Post #38 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I can make it (looks like I can so far) I'll bring the K1000 and K701, and a couple of different amps at least.

One thing I don't have is a single-ended cable (1/4" jack) or a cable with spades (other than the awful thing that came with the K1000). If anyone has these cables, or could borrow them, it would help a lot.

can you give me some photo of the cable, maybe David has some at his house.

on another note
jude is letting us borrow the Pk1 for the meet!!!
lambda.gif
lambda.gif
lambda.gif

Jan 22, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #39 of 72
It would be helpful to see what sources people are bringing.

You have a chance to compare whatever you have with everything David has:
Rega Apollo
Rega Saturn
Cayin Audio - CDT-17A
Cayin Audio - CDT-50
Creek Destiny
Creek Classic
Musical Hall CD 25.2

I don't think he sells any DAC. so any one with Benchmark/Stello/Lavry can bring and compare with the above CDP
k1000smile.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #40 of 72
Ok I found some more error in the dates of the meet: It's This Sat! 1/27

sorry about the confusion.
tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #42 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be in, especially if we could head over to Ashley's for a glass of dogfish head's 120 min. IPA!!
eggosmile.gif

I'm in for this meet too!

And by the way, you have great taste in beer Morph! Just don't drink too many glasses of that with the alcohol content involved (20% alcohol)!

JC

Jan 23, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #43 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd definitely be into it. I'm in Livonia. I'm reentering the headphone world after a twelve-year absence. I just ordered a Ray Samuels B-52 and am having a friend highly modify a Pair of AKG 701s.

You chose a great time to re-enter, and I would LOVE to hear both of those Quint!

JC

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #44 of 72
Unfortunately, I don't have the B-52 yet, and both pairs of my headphones (the '701s and Grado PS-1s) are out for modification.
frown.gif
Can't wait 'til I'm up and running. The suspense is killing me!
icon10.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #45 of 72
Guys:

I unfortunately don't have any 'phones or amps to bring, but I can bring a balanced set of Jena Labs Dreamdancer interconnects. If anyone is coming with a balanced setup, they might be nice to try. They're pretty sweet.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back