Anime song lover want to upgrade his gear.
Oct 22, 2017 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ER-Jiji

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone =3=/

Short introduction, I'm 30 years who live in Tokyo right now for study, during my time here I kind a hooked by Audio and buy several gear. I will attend Fujiya Avic on November and planned to upgrade my gear there so I hope you guys can help me with some advice.

Present Gear =
- Laptop
- Chord Mojo
- Continental V5
- Monet17

Mostly I used it to listening Anime Song and OST, the fast pace battle / action theme. Sometime I listen to other music from Audiomachine, Hans Zimmer or slow song. Most song in 1411kpps Flac format, there several Hi-Res and MP3 320 Kbps.

What I want is a Headphone and Amp that better than my gear above, I love it so far but I want more Bass and detail than the Monet17, also I kind scratch my ear so it not really comfortable right now.

Mojo and V5 also great combination but when I used it to try Hifiman HE1000v2 it not strong enough to power it. So maybe more Amp to aid those combination?

What Headphone I have in mind =
- Hifiman HE1000V2
- Stax-009
- HD800S
- Abyss Phi
Maybe Focal Clear / new ATH?

Amp = None, I'm completely clueless on this part.

My budget, around $3.000 - $5.000 for both of it I guess? If exceed it that then I will buy it one by one.

Other note =
My friend recomended me to take Abyss phi but I kind a worried it's little overkill. Also I don't know where to buy it in Japan or I can buy it at Autumn Festival?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 22, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 14
You're living in Japan! Go out there and try them all! no need to ask us, the only thing you can trust are your ears, just buy whatever sounds best to you. You already have a semi portable set up for it anyways.

Oct 22, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 14
Hmm, here's another thing you have to consider too: how long you'll be there and in case you''ll have to return to your country, would you be able to bring those gears back with you?

Fortunately all your choices are pretty easy to resell but I would say take the 009. Used 009s are cheaper in Japan and Stax is based there too so should be the safest. As for the amp, you can just go with SRM-T1 or such.
HD800S is also great but I don't know enough amps selection available in Japan to recommend it.

Oct 22, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #4 of 14
@Tiddlesworth, actually I already did that XD
Ussually I go to Akiba and test several unit, it just my gear not strong enough to power several headphone. This November there will be Headphone Festival and I'm hoping to find good amp there.

@Rozenberg, at least 3 years before I back, I don't know I can bring the unit back with me but it should be fine.
I already tried 009 and quite like it but still want to test other unit before final decision, thanks for the advice =w=b

Oct 22, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #7 of 14
Hello everyone =3=/

Short introduction, I'm 30 years who live in Tokyo right now for study, during my time here I kind a hooked by Audio and buy several gear. I will attend Fujiya Avic on November and planned to upgrade my gear there so I hope you guys can help me with some advice.

Present Gear =
- Laptop
- Chord Mojo
- Continental V5
- Monet17

Mostly I used it to listening Anime Song and OST, the fast pace battle / action theme. Sometime I listen to other music from Audiomachine, Hans Zimmer or slow song. Most song in 1411kpps Flac format, there several Hi-Res and MP3 320 Kbps.

What I want is a Headphone and Amp that better than my gear above, I love it so far but I want more Bass and detail than the Monet17, also I kind scratch my ear so it not really comfortable right now.

Mojo and V5 also great combination but when I used it to try Hifiman HE1000v2 it not strong enough to power it. So maybe more Amp to aid those combination?

What Headphone I have in mind =
- Hifiman HE1000V2
- Stax-009
- HD800S
- Abyss Phi
Maybe Focal Clear / new ATH?

Amp = None, I'm completely clueless on this part.

My budget, around $3.000 - $5.000 for both of it I guess? If exceed it that then I will buy it one by one.

Other note =
My friend recomended me to take Abyss phi but I kind a worried it's little overkill. Also I don't know where to buy it in Japan or I can buy it at Autumn Festival?

Thanks in advance.
The 009 will be the best you’ve heard if you ha heard it from a stellar amp and you have not said if you have that amp.

Oct 22, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #8 of 14
@ahmadfaizadnan
I think I beginning to like tube amp as well XD
I came from Indonesia.

@D2Girls
I never heard it, but I will tried to check it up.

@buke9
I already tried Stax but with Stax Amp, SRM007 I think. I'm under impreasion that Stax Headphone only can be connected to Stax Amp so I haven't tried it with stellar amp.

Thx guys =3=b

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #9 of 14
@ahmadfaizadnan
I think I beginning to like tube amp as well XD
I came from Indonesia.

@D2Girls
I never heard it, but I will tried to check it up.

@buke9
I already tried Stax but with Stax Amp, SRM007 I think. I'm under impreasion that Stax Headphone only can be connected to Stax Amp so I haven't tried it with stellar amp.

Thx guys =3=b

There are numbers of amps that do well with sr009.

I love tube amp but considering on bring the whole setup back to Malaysia, I stick with a warm solid state amp.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #14 of 14
Quality from my country need to be questioned so that maybe good idea.

Btw for now I'll focus on this three headphone

SR-009
Abyss Phi (If they sell it on japan)
Hifi HE1000v2

What the recomended Amp for those three? The one I can buy in Japan, I tried to search blue hawaii and the other and I don't think they sell it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back