Anime/Manga Movies
Apr 1, 2002 at 4:58 AM Post #46 of 54
I think you got em mixed man...Urd is the hot long legged goddess that jumped outta the TV, Skuld is the little kiddy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 1, 2002 at 9:09 AM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by Mic
The perfect GF and THE ANIME GODDESS is...

(Hint, look at my avatar
wink.gif
)

Actually, you may want to just tell us who it is. I think I can narrow it down to about 3 choices, but I'm not really sure which it is: I'm guessing (not sure) that it's either early Rumiko Takahashi or from Kimagure Orange Road (which used the character designer that worked on Maison Ikoku, which is why they look so similar). I think I'm leaning towards KOR. Haven't seen it, so I don't know for sure, but that's my best guess.

-----

Here's 2 new movies that haven't been mentioned yet. I was lucky enough to catch both on the big screen:

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade: Allegorical retelling of the story of Litlle Red Riding Hood set against a psychological leaning movie that looks at an officer of a special police force in an alternate-historical Japan.

Metropolis: excellecent movie version of Tezuka Osamu's version of Fritz Lang's Metropolist (which Tezuka claims to have only heard about, never seen). In any case it's a wonderful movie that mixes old (read: 60s) character designs with some interesting 3D backgrounds.

Apr 1, 2002 at 11:45 AM Post #49 of 54
Dislike:
Evangelion : "have I seen this episode before, it seems familiar.... have I seen this episode before, it seems familiar... wow, deja vu - this episode seems familiar"
rolleyes.gif

Dragonball Z is a cartoon, and a complete and direct ripoff of monkey magic.

Like:
Gundam - all, have them all on dvd
smily_headphones1.gif

Tenchi OVA - up to and including "we need tenchi" then it just turns bad (have collection on dvd).
Mononoke - (good on dvd) or anything else by Miyazaki;
Nausicaa (NOT the extremely bad disney version that they chopped to pieces and dumbed down to appeal to kids)
Laputa
Kikis delivery service
Grave of the fireflies (not easy to watch too many times)
Ghost in the shell (fall asleep half the times I watch it, but it's still good)
Akira (special edition tin dvd rocks
wink.gif
) - original dub doesn't make as much sense as new dub, but the new one is missing a few jokes/amusing quotes that the old dub have, but I watch it subbed anyway.
Record of Lodoss war (good dvd set)
Blood the last vampire (far too short, but very pretty) - there's actually a fair few shots in the 'preview' on the dvd that aren't in the movie.. would like to know what went on the cuttingroom floor.
person!! - excellent fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Vampire hunter D - the original, good old stuff, haven't seen the new one yet
frown.gif

3x3eyes - good stuff
Lain - still haven't figured out What is going on
Perfect blue - freaky stuff
Giant robo - best giant robot action ever
biggrin.gif

All the Lupin stuff is great fun
Patlabor series can be good at times, but the movies drag on terribly (even if they are pretty)
Riding bean - good classic action
Orguss - only kidding
And of course classics like Gatchaman and Star Blazers.
Plenty more in my collection/wishlist, but that'll do for now.

I can't stand dubbed manga, the voices are usually extremely badly done, especially if Carl Macek had anything to do with it
mad.gif
the Robotech series has to be one of the WORST dubbings ever, with so much cut out and mistranslated it just turns to crap.

BTW, if anyone can recommend good places to buy anime dvds online that have better deals/range/prices than animecornerstore and digitaleyes, I'd be happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 1, 2002 at 1:39 PM Post #50 of 54
you guys can say all you want about those other female characters, but rei ayanami has the sexiest female voice EVER.

i like her a lot.

*cough* i swear this isn't me *cough*

grinch.jpg

p.s. eva dvds for $17.19/piece at www.uln.com (among other deals)

Apr 1, 2002 at 1:45 PM Post #51 of 54
These anime threads always end up with who is the hottest cartoon girl. And you wonder why people think we're geeks.

Apr 1, 2002 at 6:58 PM Post #52 of 54
Technically, nobody's said who's the hottest anime girl... yet. Not that it makes much of a difference. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one w/ some anime figures, grinch, though I haven't gotten around to licking them yet.
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2002 at 7:15 PM Post #53 of 54
Not hottest, just most desirable
wink.gif

Persiflage: KOR, Madoka Ayukawa.

Apr 1, 2002 at 10:32 PM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
These anime threads always end up with who is the hottest cartoon girl. And you wonder why people think we're geeks.

hey don't look at me, i didn't bring it up
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back