Anime fans, if there are any here.
May 17, 2003 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

SageOHaze

New Head-Fier
Feel free to come to irc.enterthegame.com (use mirc client from www.mirc.com) and join #animechat

It's not always active, but idle awhile and start a conversation and it's pretty fun.

Hope to see my hi-fi anime loving people there
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2003 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 40
HEY! I am an anime person!
when the time allows it
sooooo
I might
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I know ooheadsoo is a big anime fan for a fact ... wonder how often he hangs around here lately
confused.gif

Nick

May 18, 2003 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 40
I just bought a miyazaki/studio ghibli set -- saw whisper of the heart, pon poko, and several others for the first time. good good stuff.

currently slowly plodding my way through the slayers series. lina inverse is a great character.

May 19, 2003 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 40
yes we have one head-fi guy there now, pretty cool guy (rizumu)

hope to see the rest of you, and btw ghibil anything is good ^^ also, my group there does digital fansubbing (we translate anime from japan that will probably never make it to the usa and is not licensed here yet, and release it for the fans) via the main channel, see ya later
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2003 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by SageOHaze
hope to see the rest of you, and btw ghibil anything is good ^^ also, my group there does digital fansubbing (we translate anime from japan that will probably never make it to the usa and is not licensed here yet, and release it for the fans) via the main channel, see ya later
smily_headphones1.gif

SageOHaze,

What is fansubbing and how do you get it? How about Miyazaki's "The Cat Returns" (Neko no Ongaeshi )? Don't have access to chat atm.

fractus2

Jun 10, 2003 at 9:12 AM Post #9 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
I must say, spirited away has become my all time favourite anime.

what a masterpiece!

I just got the DVD and soundtrack. I haven't had time to watch the movie yet, just played through the soundtrack a bit
smily_headphones1.gif
Can't wait to watch.

Jun 10, 2003 at 10:31 AM Post #10 of 40
I saw "Spirited Away" first and loved it, but then I saw "Princess Mononoke" and decided I liked it even better.

"Princess Mononoke" was like a great Kurasawa film -- animated! Great rousing action pic! In retrospect, "Spirited Away" was cool and weird, but I felt the ending kind of fizzled.

But my main question is, why called it "Princess Mononoke", since the young prince who goes on the journey to be healed is the main character and real star?
confused.gif

(and if you saw the English dubbed version, wasn't Clare Danes' performance attrocious?)
confused.gif

Jun 10, 2003 at 10:45 AM Post #11 of 40
I really liked Princess Mononoke too. It's also one of my favourite but I enjoyed "spirtied away" more and thought it was a much better film, it had great human(reflective) moments.

re "the name "Princess Mononoke". The story was told from the boy's perspective and in that way it was telling the story of Princess Mononoke. The struggle, the symbolism was of the princess and not the boy. The Princess was the main character imo. its the better name anyway
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2003 at 11:11 AM Post #12 of 40
i still like Rourini Kenshin....

Jun 10, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #14 of 40
While Miyazaki's getting talked about, I have to say Laputa is one of my all time favorite adventure flicks. I'd have more praise for Nausicaa, but for the superior manga version and crappy music.

I have not yet seen Spirited Away.

And fansubbers rule. There's so much stuff that would never reach these shores (at least in a form I understand).

Jun 10, 2003 at 6:07 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally posted by xtreme4099
i still like Rourini Kenshin....

Yeah, Kenshin's my favorite anime series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back